Chapter 33

I appeared in the middle of James' office.  There wasn't any camera here so,  i didn't worry of getting busted. Oh,  i purposely made a huge explosion to cause a commotion.  Of course,  James would come running and that mean,  his office was emtpy.  Right at this moment,  he was scolding Norhan, probably.  A bit preoccupied to be in his office. I had doubt that he actually kept the last years' prizes from Wesron Battle Stimulation in the safe behind his desk given there wasn't security camera installed in this room.  If i was him,  i would install camera since the safe was keeping valuables things.  Unless he didn't want anyone to find out about his weird hobby if he was alone.  Maybe doing pole dance during his free time? Who knows.

I crouched down in front of the safe while putting on white gloves into my hands then sweeped my hand on the cold and hard surface of the safe.  I hit the safe using my knuckles and i could tell it was quite thick. I touched the combination lock at the side.  I was about to twist it but i stopped.  I heard footsteps and chattering from outside the door.  45 seconds,  i estimated.  I swiftly twisted the combination confidently. Then it clicked opened.  I smirked triumphantly as i swung opened the safe.

Damn,  i was right.  It wasn't the prizes.  It was something more valuable.  I get a hold on the silver thing then closed back the safe and even twisted the combination to its previous position.  I disappeared from the office just a second away before the door flung opened. Perfect timing.

I reappeared in front of my locker while safely transferring the silver thing away to my apartment alongside with the white gloves. I put my student card before my locker and it was unlocked immediately.  I opened it and pulled out my sling bag.  Oh i transferred my bag before the explosion by the way. I thought of everything did i?

Since i was totally unharmed and in one piece,  i was supposed to go to my next class.  Damn,  i should fake an injury to skip class or maybe mental injury?  Well,  it was too late now.  Looked like i had to sit through all of my boring classes today.  How unfortunate.

I walked along the corridor to the gym.  I sensed Wendy approached me from behind.  We didn't really talked much since our talk last night. I thought she needed some time off. She fell into steps beside me and i greeted her with a nod which she replied with a careless shrug.

"So,  i heard you blow up a lab this morning." She stated without looking at me.  Her eyes were trained in front of us. 

"Woah, news spread in a split of second in this school." I commented in amusement and brought out a snort from her.

"Was it for a diversion?" She guessed.  I grinned widely,  unable to contain my excitement. Wendy smirked then looked at me. "Did you get something?"

"Yup,  but worry about the tournament first.  We have multiple tasks in our hands." This making Wendy rolled her eyes.

"I know,  you have strictly instructed me to make sure those idiots don't die,  no matter what.  And i quote 'their lives in your palms'." She murmured in mocking tone. I chuckled.  "Honestly,  you really attached to these people easily.  It's not like something you would do."

I didn't mind to reply.  I didn't have reason to retort.  I kept my face neutral and averted my eyes to the front. Wendy was studying me intently from my peripheral sight.  It just easier to ignore rather than telling her off. I admitted,  maybe i was attached to those Elites that i chose as my teammates.  Usually,  i didn't really mind about the people that i used to get something i wanted,  but now,  there was a part of me opening up the kindness gate to them.  They should feel honour that i willingly taking care of them,  especially their lives. Probably,  this was my way to experience alot more things since time was very limited. I wasn't sure really.  Just flow with the flow.