Chapter 27

Olivern's POV

Both Skylar and that Psycho (Wendy) were no where to be found. Skylar just casually asked all of us to explore the town.  She was so irresponsible sometimes.  She should know better than left these naive Elites to wander around in an Underclass town.  Underclass filled with sneaky and sly people and i was sure these Elites won't be able to handle it that well.

I supposed since i was a bit more experienced dealing with Underclasses, i should look after them.  I knew this road trip was a bad idea.  Just looked what happened on the first day!  We were attacked by thugs.  Then,  on the second day,  Skylar brought us to the most ridiculous cafe I've ever been!  I almost died due to blood lost again.  Well,  that asshole (Seth)  too. Served him right.

I couldn't understand Skylar sometimes.  She was always joking and messing around.  It was almost like she didn't care about anything.  It was hard to differentiate when she was joking or being serious.  I admitted, her poker face was so f*cking good. Her way of thinking somehow confused me.  I didn't quite get it why did a road trip to Underclass territory was going to help with our team work and bond?  Why didn't she just do a f*cking normal camping trip? Again,  she just so full of wonders and craziness. Just like that Wendy but less sadist.

I followed my teammates to the stall that sold dirty shake. I didn't order anything and just stood there and waited for them.  If i could, i really wanted to leave them and do whatever the hell that i wanted. I just couldn't let them on their own.

"So,  Olivern,  have you been to Yada before? You look familiar around." Britney asked me when we walked side by side.  I looked at her briefly then looked back in front of me.

"No,  i just heard stories and rumors." I answered honestly.  I've only been to Hiten and Gross.  I avoided anywhere near Drednot since i would never set foot in that hell city. 

"Oh,  i see." She nodded then took a sip of her drink. 

"Where do you think Skylar is?" Liam questioned me. He was walking beside Britney and surely heard our conversation.

"What makes you think that i know the answer?" I shot back with a glare. Liam sheepisly rubbed his back neck.

"Well,  i see you're closer to her,  i thought you would know." He muttered. Yeah,  we weren't that close,  though. When i thought about it,  i actually knew nothing about her.  She kept alot to herself and only showed a bit of things about her.

"No we don't." I denied without looking at him.  Through my peripheral sight,  Liam shrugged. 

"I never see you kids like y'all here before." A total stranger voice echoed in front of us.  The voice came from the big man that was standing in front of us,  blocking the way.  I saw a black badge attached to his left chest.  Where did i saw that badge before?

"Who are you?" Seth asked while raising one of his brows.  The big man,  smirked devilishly in returned.

"It's been a while fresh meats pay us a visit." Another different gruff voice sounded and a man with a big scar on his face showed up from behind him.  He was wearing the same black badge.  Wait,  did he say fresh meats?

"Erm.. I don't feel good about this." Marianne whispered to Rose who was beside her.  They were just behind me. I scrunched my eyebrows as i tried to remember where did i see the badge before.

"Look,  we're just passing by,  we done nothing wrong." Tom stated calmly yet his body looked tense.

"Call the others." The big man ordered to his friend. They were speaking in a different language but i knew what they were saying.  This language was a code language that used amongst Underclass hunters. My eyes widened as i realized that we were really in big trouble.