Part 6: HEART TO HEART

"She doesn't want to come down." James sighs. "But I think you guys should talk."

"That'll just cause fighting, I'll wait until tomorrow-" I start as James shakes his head.

"Now YN." James orders politely.

I sigh and stand in front of him.

"Yes, dad." I mumble sarcastically as I make my way upstairs.

"Love you too, baby." James replies.

I slowly make my way up to Mia's room and knock.

"Come in." I hear from behind the door.

I open the door just enough for me to walk in the room.

"Can we talk?" I ask sitting on the edge of her bed as she rolls her eyes.

"Make it quick." Mia mumbles.

"Mia, I only do the things I do because I love you and I want to protect you." I say sighing.

"By embarrassing me? By taking away my contact to the outside world? By never letting me do my own thing?" Mia asks closing her book glaring at me.

"You have to learn what you're doing is wrong." I state. "The lying, the alcohol, the drugs, the sex...especially the attitude."

"I lied because I knew you would say no." Mia replied.

"If you had told me the truth, we could've come to some agreement." I say shaking my head. "I could've bought you a 4 pack of something light do you wouldn't get drunk, I would definitely say no to drugs and I thought you would've too. And if you wanted to be sexually active, you could've told me and we could've put you on a birth control pill. You might think I'm unreasonable but I'm done with the lying Mia and disobeying James, Kendall and I."

"Y-you would've done that?" Mia asks kinda surprised.

"I would've but you've broken my trust I had for you." I say as I grab her hand. "Mia, I love you. You, Caleb and josh are my 3 beautiful kids and my whole world. But I miss how our mother-daughter relationship used to be; I could truth you and you could trust me. I wish we could get back to that because I hate seeing you upset, and I want to be apart of your life."

I start tearing up and so does Mia.

"I love you too, mom." Mia says pulling me into a hug, sobbing softly. "I'm so sorry. I promise never to do this again."

I stroke her hair, sighing softly.

"I live you Mia." I say sniffling. "I don't want you to get hurt. You'll understand one day when you have kids. Until that day, you're going to think I'm an unfair person. That's exactly what I thought of my parents until they died. I realized too late. I don't want you to realize too late because I don't want you to go through the same things I did."

Mia sighs.

"The main reason I changed, it's not the only reason, it's one of the main ones." Mia starts. "I don't feel apart of this family."

"What do you mean?" I ask absolutely confused.

"Well, you and James are married and my real father is Kendall." Mia starts. "While Josh and Caleb's dad is James...I don't know...I just feel different now that I'm getting older and everything."

"Oh Mia." I frown slightly bringing her back into a hug. "Even if James is their father and Kendall is yours, James still treats you like his own. He love you to death and so do I. We'd do anything for you and the boys, you three are mine and James' number 1 priority."

I kiss Mia's forehead hoping this will bring back the old Mia...

TO BE CONTINUED