Chapter 3: Sunny Village

Tumble stood on her tip toes and licked my cheek, bringing me back into the moment.

Her drool is so sparkly.

Oh yeah. Duh!

I gag myself and release a globule of spit. Tumble does the same and we both rub it all over his severed limbs. I keep my mind focused on healing so I don't absorb any of his blood. Once his severs were lubricated, Tumble and I reattached his arms and legs.

"I'm not going to die! I knew lolicons had to have some kinda super power!" he cheered, only able to move his face.

Hearing him say silly stuff brought tears to my eyes.

He was alive and I was going to keep him that way!

Something came crashing down from the sky. It was another metal man, only it was three times the size and wield a long sword. With a single slash, he cut through the bandits attacking Luna.

Maybe he's on our side.

It turned it's weapon on Luna and sliced through her shadow as she raised it like a wall. A powerful torrent of water washed the massive metal man away. Mommy rode the torrent, slashing at the extra big metal man.

The metal man's body became superheated, melting her wave before grabbing her in his arms.

"You need not worry. I will deal with that creature," said the assassin, sending chains out from his vortex and into Mommy.

Luna turned to face me. "You and Tumble have to survive. My story ends here. Shade Pursuit." Black energy came from her and entered my shadow.

"No! I can help too! I won't lose you!" My shadow moved on it's own and my legs along with it. I resisted with all my might, but only managed to slow the run into a walk.

"Shade Beast." Luna's aura enveloped her, giving her shadow claws and fangs. She leaped at the Machine Man.

I could see Mommy shooting water bullets at the chains bringing her into the vortex. For each one she cut, three more appeared.

Before turning the corner, with Yu-ki on my back, I saw the machine man grab hold of Luna. Its head opened up into a massive cannon that was building up energy.

I didn't see what happened, but I heard a wretched scream that shook me to my core.

Luna...

The shadow hex she put on my legs vanished. I couldn't walk. I could hardly breathe.

Tumble hugged me tightly and cried against my shoulder.

My body absorbed the energy, but it still wouldn't budge.

I was suddenly lifted off my feet.

Yu-ki held me to his chest as he ran away with me and Tumble in his arms.

Was Mommy killed too? Am I alone now?

Tumble grabbed my hand and forced a smile through her tears.

The three of us left Street Trash. I looked over my shoulder, seeing a cloud of smoke over the town. I coughed violently. It was as if the smoke cloud had cast itself over my happy life. My body had taken in its toxins and I had no idea how to expel them. We went deeper into the unnamed forest. Yu-ki set us down and turned away from us.

"My boyfriend and I were brought here together." Yu-ki wiped his eyes. "We are from another world, one without superpowers but with a wide variety of entertainment. Despite all the modern convivences, we were happy to get away from our world. Our parents never approved of us being together but that never stopped us. We would sneak out and go to the fair after dark. It was just me and Richie. We had the whole park to ourselves. When the assassin came, we both tried to defend the other. Ha-ha. We didn't last long. I remember dying in his arms. It was scary, but I could handle it because we were together. It was a cliché death. Hand in hand, just telling each other we love one another and that we'll see each other in the next life." He turns to us with a smile. "Well, that happened a lot sooner than expected. We woke up in this world, in a village not too far from where we are now. We're told to become heroes. Richy and I were big nerds so the idea sounded fun. We accepted and we rose up the ranks pretty fast. I was always into kendo and he was excellent at archery even before we came here. After a successful quest, we would always come to the stage and be rewarded. When I was getting a medal pinned to my shirt for successfully protecting the village from an enemy raid, Richy suddenly pulls me into a kiss. The crowd went wild. They were cheering and whistling. They loved it. They loved us. That night Richy and I decided we were never going back home. We finished quest after quest and well, it all felt like a dream. We were the famous hero couple: the PaciFister and the PeaceMaker. He would disarm them with his archery and I would go in for the knockout. We got overconfident. One day we were sent to take down a catboy general. His name was DeathPaw. Richie's arrows were deflected and I...I jumped down from a tree above the enemy. He couldn't react quick enough. I sliced off his arm, thinking he would be helpless. Next thing I see is the sword from that arm...in Richie's chest. I didn't even think about escape. I just went to Richie and held him close to me. I couldn't talk because I was so scared." Yu-ki turns away and sobs.