Chapter 2: Yuki the Pacifist

"Stay hidden. I'm going to get you out of here. Oh, and by the way, your hero's name is Yuki. That's Yu-ki."

"Yu-ki. We can't leave yet. My sister has been captured and my mom is at the slave auction," I say, tugging at his shirt from inside the basket.

"I just want to get you two to safety. After that, I'm going to free all the slaves," he said, heroism outlining his gentle voice.

I grab my chest.

He's incredible.

"Luna is right down this street. You're going to need help if you want to rescue her," I said, and was given an affirmative "Uhn" by Tumble.

"Fine but if things get crazy, then you leave me behind."

"You're not the boss of me. I bet I'm older than you. I'm sixteen."

"Seventeen," said Yuki.

"Wow, you're practically a man." I took in his scent. It was so youthful and strong. Made my head a bit dizzy.

"I think I found the cart. There are seven bandits guarding it. I'm going to set the basket down. Stay inside. I can handle them."

I pop out and leap off his shoulders. "Hey you boys like angels?" I ask, doing a cute pose Mommy taught me where I stick out my butt and put my fingers to my lips.

The human bandits approached and drew their weapons, long metal spears with a hooked tip.

"Wait!" Yuki picked up a barrel and set it down in front of them. He then climbed atop it. "These are little girls. By taking them, you're stealing them from their family. Take a moment to think of it from their perspective. I'm assuming some of you have families, maybe a daughter or a sister. What would you do if someone took them away?"

While he distracted them with a speech, Tumble snuck around to the cart and searched for Luna.

"If my daughter sold for as much as she's worth, then I'd sell her myself," said one particularly muscular bandit, stepping out from the crowd.

"Then perhaps we can make a trade. What do you want for the girl in that cart?" Yuki took out his satchel.

"Thanks. Saved me the trouble of searching your corpse!" The lead bandit pierced the bag with his spear.

Yuki pulled up his shirt as the sleeping gas burst from the satchel. He took me into his arms as my legs went numb.

He had such pretty brown eyes.

Tumble signaled us by hopping up and down.

She found Luna.

Yuki danced with one of the limp bandits all the way to the carriage. "See, isn't life more fun when you give instead of take?"

"I will track you down and slice off all your fingers before making you choke on them!" yelled the bandit leader before being dropped.

I hoisted Luna up and had her lean against me.

"Annie?" she asked in a daze.

"Yep. We're going to get you out of here just as soon as we save Mommy!"

"Who's he?" Luna rubbed her eyes.

I jumped up into his arms. "He's my boyfriend."

"Actually, I'm just a hero," he said, scratching his head with blush.

Mmmm. Those flushed cheeks are so tasty looking.

"Awww. He's shy. Yu-ki, admit you're my boyfriend or else I may have to prove it," I said, nuzzling against his chest.