Family's Nothing but Trouble, Right Chris?

                                  Perspective: Chris Afton  [ Youngest son ]

I walked out of class once the morning lunch bell rang, my sister Elizabeth ran over to me and bumped my shoulder. "Sooo, you wanna go the playground little brother!?" She excitedly asked.
"Uhh, sure!" I smiled. We walked out of the maze of people and got to playground. I sat the swing and started to swing back and forth slowly, Elizabeth did the same but she went higher and faster.

"So how was Art class?" Elizabeth asked.
"It was okay, we drew portraits of our family" I said looking up at the clouds.
"That sounds cool! So you drew all of us?" She assumed.
"Yeah, that's what I meant by 'family" I said looking at her.
"It was a sarcastic question little brother" She said punching my shoulder.
"Yeah, I knew that" I said. We sat there swinging for a bit, silent until the bell rang. We grabbed our bags and walked back into the school, before we departed an announcement came on.

"Would the following the students please make their way to the front office: Chris Afton, Elizabeth Afton and Michael Afton" Said the announcer. Me and my sister looked at each other and walked to the front office, when we walked in our older brother was sitting in the office before us.
"You got here quick" Elizabeth laughed. Elizabeth and I sat with our brother and waited,
"Our family is nothing but trouble..." Said Michael under his breath. I looked over at my brother in shock,
"Why would you say something like that?" I frowned.
"It's true, family's nothing but trouble and you know that, right Chris? He said looking at me in the eyes. We both stared at each other until we were interrupted by the front desk teacher. We saw our mum outside of the front office, I got up and ran out and hugged my mother in relief.
"Their all yours" Said the front desk teacher. We walked out of the school and got in the car, once at home we got out of the car and mum unlock the door and we ran in. But as soon as we did our father was their staring down at us, we all gulped and looked at each other wondering what we did wrong. I turned and looked at mum, but she pointed towards dad demanding me to look back at him, I turned and looked up at dad. His arms were crossed in judgment almost like he knew what we did even though we or at least I didn't know what I did.
"So, do any of you want to spill it?" Dad asked. Me and Elizabeth turned and looked at each other until our older brother pushed us aside and confessed.
"I got in a fight today and knock a kid out." He said with his head down. Elizabeth was shocked, but I was confused. "But I got in a fight..." I said in my head.
"And did you and least feel any regret in doing that?" Dad asked.
"No..." Michael sighed.
"Just as I thought. Now take your bag upstairs to your room and stay there until I come up" Dad insisted. Dad got down on one knee and asked "Do you two have anything to say?" Elizabeth and I looked at each other, she was confused and couldn't get any words out, but the only thing that did come out was tears. I looking down in regret,

"I-i-i got in a fight t-today..." I stuttered trying not to cry.
"And what happened in the fight?" Dad asked putting his hand on my shoulder.
"N-nothing, n-n-n-nothing happened, h-he didn't p-p-punch me or a-anything" I said stuttering even more, holding back all my tears.
"Well then that's all I wanted to know, thank you Chris, now go up to your room and wait there until I come up there okay?" He said lifting his hand from my shoulder. I ran upstairs and opened my door but as soon as I did, I heard sniffling. I turned and saw my brother crying in his room, I put my bag down and looked into his room from behind the doorway. I walked towards my bed and grabbed my yellow bear plush and looked around the corner of my doorway and checked if anyone was coming upstairs, I looked back over to my brother and I walked slowly over to his room and as soon as I did he noticed me.
"What are you doing in my room!? Get out!!" He yelled whipping away his tear filled eyes.
"Why are you crying?" I asked innocently. He stared at me and then looked away when he started to cry again. I walked closer towards him and got up on his bed, he spied on me from the corner of his eye still whipping away tears. I sat next to him and cuddled him with the yellow bear in my hands still. I sat without moving or making any sound, it was dead silent. I sat back and looked at him, he slowly turned and looked at me.
"W-why did you...h-hug me?" He sobbed.
"Because your my brother, and I love you." I said looking at him in the eye.
"But why would you love someone who didn't protect you? I-I-I-I don't understand...y-y-you should h-h-hate m-me" He cried.
"I'll love you no matter what, even if you didn't protect me, and I would never hate you, cause you're my big brother" I said hugging him again.
"Thank you" Michael said hugging me back.