Safety

I trudged down the path. I felt weak and tired and my neck was sore because they forced me to keep my head down. I kept leaving hair behind, step after step, hoping someone would help me. I looked up into the night sky, knowing I'd get yelled at. They shoved my head back down and tightened the rope around my hands.

I began to feel weaker and even more exhausted than before. I wasn't paying attention and I tripped. I stayed down because I felt too weak. They yanked on the rope, pulling me up and yelling for me to get up. Someone help me..... I thought as I held back my tears as much as I could. My hair was loose and messy as I continued being lead down the same path.

I kept walking. I had to or else they would kill me. The thoughts in my head?
It's all over.
I'm going to die.
I'm an outsider, why would anyone care to save me?
You're so pathetic, Kushina.

"Are you hurt?"

I looked up. The enemy was gone and Minato was there.

"I came to save you....."

Save me?!

I smiled as I collapsed. I could finally stop walking. As I began to fall, Minato caught me. "You'll be alright now." He picked me up bridal style. "Hey! Wait a second!!" I shouted as he began to jump.

I looked to his hand and I saw.....my hair.......
"I noticed this right away because you have beautiful hair." He said. "Why have you always ignored me then?" I asked. "Because I know that you're strong." He said.

He landed on a treetop. "I didn't want to lose you....Kushina." He said. "But, I'm an outsider." I said.

"How can you be an outsider? You're one of us. You live in the Hidden Leaf." He mentioned with a smile.

He was a great shinobi in my eyes.

He was the man of my dreams.

He changed me and my prospective on the hair I called annoying and ugly. He made me see the beauty in me.

That's also when I fell in love with Minato Namikaze.

The next day.....

I woke up in my bed, remembering what had happened the night before. Minato saved me and brought me home after making me some ramen.

I had made my first friend who I was in love with.

I got changed and looked in the mirror at my hair.

Beautiful. I thought for the first time in ages.

Since last night's incident, Minato said he would be picking me up and dropping me off for the academy. He swore to help me with my academic struggles and studies so I could improve.

I waited for him to come over as I made sure I had packed a lunch and my school stuff in the bag that Minato had given me. Sure, I was sad that my parents were dead but they still treated me like trash. He knocked on he door. I grabbed my house key and put it in my pocket. I walked out to met with him after locking the door and shutting it.

"Minato! Kushina! May I speak with you in the hall please?" Shino-sensei asked as we worked on class work. We stood up and joined him in the hall. "Minato came up with this idea for you Kushina. He could tutor you before or after school and whenever you are both done with your work. If you are struggling with anything, please tell him." He said. "Thank you for approving my idea." Minato said. "Thank you both." I said.

After school, Minato came to my house for a tutoring session. It all finally made sense within an hour. I made a small snack for us both and grabbed some water and juice.

"Tomorrow we can practice shuriken. I asked for permission to use the training grounds at school and we got approval!" He smiled. "Awesome!! Do you think I can meet some of your friends?" I asked. "Sure! Why don't you sit with my group at lunch!?" Minato invited. "Ok!" I smiled.

I took a quick shower after Minato left and began getting ready for bed. I made another quick snack to tide me over until I had breakfast in the morning. At home I probably wouldn't be having full meals or even the house for long because nobody would be able to pay the bills or for the groceries. I'd probably be living on the streets in about a month or two.

I sighed as I got into bed.

Things are gonna be alright. Everything is gonna be just fine. No need to worry or stress about this. You have Minato who can help you. Just calm down. I thought to myself as I drifted to sleep.

I was running down the village path. Nobody was bothering me. I was just taking a nice long run. I felt a tap on my back as I came to a halt. Nobody was there. I shrugged my confusion away and continued running. I felt it again. Nobody was there. "Kushina. I'm sorry." A voice said near me. Nobody was around me though. "Who are you?" I asked calmly. "Kushina, it's me." The voice said again as a light figure that I recognized appeared in front of me.

"Mom?" I asked. "Yes, dear. I'm so sorry. I realized how much I needed to change after your sensei talked sense into me. I was going to talk with you but then.....the intruders came and everything changed." She said. "Mom.....I'm scared. I won't be able to live at home or eat much longer." I said. "It'll be ok, dear. It'll be taken care of, trust me. Oh, and that friend you've made. I'm proud of you. He's a very nice young man. Keep up in your studies and try to control your anger and chakra. It'll be hard but I believe you can do it." She said. "Thank you." I said. "I'll be leaving now." She said as she began to disappear. "No! Don't go! Please! Don't go yet!!" I shouted.

"Don't go!!" I shouted as I sat up. I looked to my side to see Minato. "You ok? You slept in. I tried waking you but you were pretty deep into sleep." He said. "I'm sorry. We're late now. You could've left without me." I said. "Hm...now, why would I do that? I wanna know what's going on." He said.

I got ready as I explained the dream to him. He seemed really interested like nobody else has before.

"Let's go. I'll explain to Shinso-sensei why we're late." He said as he opened the front door for me.

Just a little Easter gift from me! Happy Easter!!