I'd Do Anything To Make You Happy/ F, A

warnings : MCD, public shooting.

this one is really sad bcs y'all wanted angst ngl i cried while writing this

i just rewatched the saddest episode of greys anatomy for maximum sad so y'all better strap in bcs im sobbing rn

joe's pov

"aannnnd! open! we're here!" ben removed his hands from my eyes with a big smile on his face. we were stood in front of the London Eye. i stared at it in awe for a second before turning around to give ben a hug. "thank you, ben." ben hugged me tighter. "i'd do anything to make you happy." ben smiled and pulled away from the hug grasping my hand. "okay now lets go before the sun sets!"

ben pulled me towards the line to the ferris wheel, his fingers interlocking with mine.

we stood in the line chatting about nonsense, moving up in the line every so often. then it hit me, this feeling i couldn't shake. "are you okay?" ben broke me out of my thoughts. "i have a feeling." ben looked back at me. "i get those, if you wait long enough it passes." he pressed a kiss to my cheek and intertwined our hands again. it still wouldn't go away. 

i brushed it off for now as we stepped onto the ferris wheel. 

(I've never been on the london eye so bare with me here)

ben and i sat on the same side as the capsule started moving. he grabbed my hand again as we stared out into the sky in a comfortable silence. "i love you." i said kissing his cheek. ben looked at me lovingly, "i love you." he replied.

we enjoyed the rest of the ride to the top, occasionally pointing out things that the guide told us was there. once we reached the top the ride came to a stop, just us and the world. 

"let's be cliché for a second." ben whispered and leaned in to kiss me. our lips met and it felt like the first time, it always did. we kissed softly and slowly, no urgency in our actions. we pulled apart and he leaned his head on my shoulder. 

 the ride started moving again. ben nuzzled into my neck more, i wrapped my arm around his shoulders pulling him closer. 

(please stop reading now if you are sensitive to shootings, and/or major character death)

we touched the ground again about five minutes later, we stepped off the ride and we joined hands again. "are you hungry?" ben asked and looked to me. i just shrugged, "i know this awesome place not too far from here, my parents took me to it a lot when i was a kid." ben squeezed my hand before dropping it to pull out a cigarette from his packet. 

thats when it happened. 

the first gunshot rang through the air and we were both frozen in place. when the second one came we started running. i grabbed his hand and we started running through the panicked crowd. people were shoving us and falling to the ground as we heard them get closer.

ben was running towards an alleyway between a restaurant and some kind of antique shop. we were almost there when a pain shot through me, a pain not like anything I've ever felt before. 

i can't breathe.

ben turned to look at me with a terrified expression on his face as i collapsed to the ground. ben scooped me up with one arm behind my back and one under my knees.