01

"Happy birthday!" I quickly glance away from my phone to see Stiles bounce back out of my room after attempting to enter with the biggest gift box I have ever seen.
"Is that for me?" I gasp, locking my phone and setting it on my bed.
"Yeah give me a second." He turns it to the side and makes it through.
"TADAAAA!" He yells as he sets it on the ground.
"Before I ask why the fuck this box is bigger than me, have you heard from Ethan? He's been ignoring me." I cross my arms as he takes his jacket off and throws it onto my counter.
"Oh I was just on the phone with him. I can call him, do you want me to call him? I'll call him for you." He stumbles to get his phone out of his jean pockets.
"No no it's okay." I push the phone away before he dials anything.
"I just have to tell you something and I didn't want him coming over today." I walk back and sit onto my bed with my hand on his arm pulling him to sit next to me.
"Oh you have a serious face on, is this serious?" He chuckles nervously.
"It's serious but you can't make fun of me okay." My hand on his shoulder make his heart beat quicken.
"I think I know what you're going to say it's okay, you can tell me anything. I would never make fun of yo-"
"Ethan and I broke up" I interrupt him and he immediately holds in a laugh.
"No, sorry. Are you okay? He's an ass he doesn't deserve you! Let me know when you guys are back together again so I can say positive things." He rolls his eyes at me.
"Nope." I've broken up with Ethan 13 times in the three years we have been together.
Personally I like to take responsibility, but when I say each and every break up was his fault I mean it. Maybe it was my fault for taking him back, giving him all of these chances.
"I stayed with him because he's always been there, he was something familiar, but he isn't good for me. He doesn't even really care about me." I start and he begins to get more serious.
"I've said it before, we aren't getting back together. But this time I mean it. I walked in on him cheating and it was different this time. I told myself I couldn't do this again." I smile and give him a thumbs up.
"You taught me to raise my standards friend."
He cringes at that for a slight second and begins to applaud.
"I hate his guts. He had the nerve to call me and ask if I was going to Lydia's rager. He didn't even know it was your birthday." he wraps his arm around me and pulls me closer.
"But now you get to be free. Date someone better for you or someone who is willing to get better for you." He continues, he talks like this to me all day and I let him.
I feel like I could murder someone and he'd support me while burying the dead body. I truly just love this friendship we have.
"Well I didn't want to tell you this but." I start, my hearing picks up on his heartbeat quickening.
"It was Lydia with Ethan I walked in on last night." I confess.
"What?" He stands up, a fowl look on his face.
Damn I've never seen that face.
"Why didn't you tell me?" He was angry, his voice was raised and it was raised at me.
"Um well I didn't want to bring old feelings back with Lydia so I didn't want to tell you like immediately." I explain, my voice low since I've never seen him like this.
"It's not about Lydia, it's about you."
I was glad he was just a simple human, my heartbeat easily started to pick up in speed and he can't even hear it.
"He gets the chance to touch you, to love you, squeeze you, and say i love you to you. He gets the privilege to hold your heart and take you out on dates, bring you flowers, surprise you with presents, and to kiss your lips but what does he do? he ruins it. He breaks your heart time and time again. He just disregards your feelings for his own and doesn't realized that you are the best thing in his life."
I breathe, I forgot to. And I feel the feeling again and I ignore it like I always done, I have to.
"I have to get dressed. For the party Lydia is throwing me. Right now." I stand up and he looks back at r he door and then to me.
"Yeah. Yeah." He sighs and makes his way to the door.
"Um and there's a dress in there for you if you don't like the one Lydia forced you to buy." He points to the present before grabbing the knob on the door.
"Love you." I say to soften the awkwardness that I may have created.
"Forever." He nods and closes the door shut.
"Holy shit." I say out loud.
I drop to the floor and open the oversized gift box. An immediate smile spread across my face.
A framed blown up picture of us on the eighth grade field trip, a moon squish-mellow, and a box. I open the box and see the dress perfectly folded in it. It was everything I wanted, honestly just a simple long sleeved mini dress with the sleeves flared. The front was cut low enough to show the good half of my boobs and I could wear a cute necklace with it. One that ofcourse would force people to look at them, I want to look sexy in the five minutes I'm going to be at my party. Before I finished my thoughts a necklace was under the dress. A moon crescent.
I instantly put it on, before quickly undressing and slipping on the dress. It fit perfectly and I bet Allison helped him pick it out because i doubt he'd know my size. I put the moon plushie next to my others on my desk, setting the picture of us next to my bed table next to others of us.
There was a knock on my door, I wasn't ready to talk to people. I just wanted to sit here like an idiot teenager and smile in a dress he got me holding the moon plushie.
The door opens without me saying anything.
"Look babe."
"I didn't say you could come in." I turn to look at Ethan leaning on my door way.
"It's fine, enjoy Lydia until you get bored but you can't come back to me. I'll always have your back and care about you. But I will never waste my time with you again." I step into my slides, why would I wear heals at a house party, and walk towards him.
"You took that better than last time." He looks surprised.
Let's not do a flash back to me crying so hard I threw up on the floor next to him begging him to just love me the way I love him. Yeah...embarrassing.
"It's my birthday by the way." I push him aside and walk through.
"I knew that." He follows me towards the stairs and the smell of alcohol along with the blaring music fills my senses.
Stiles was sitting at the stairs, probably waiting for me.
"Just leave me alone." I say to Ethan and he smiles.
"Don't worry, I'll call you later." He chuckles as Stiles stands up next to me.
"Dick." We say in unison.
"Wanna tell Lydia thank you for the party and go to Mc Donald's?" Stiles questions as he holds out his hand.
"That is the plan." I grab it and we head towards the living room to look for Lydia.