Chapter 6

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.” — Mattis

We're back in his fast car heading somewhere. I only heard him say he'll take me hunting today. I am thinking of forests and wildlife. I've never been into one. My parents are so boring we never went into roadtrips or vacations like other families. It's exciting to think of what might happen in this new adventure.

I like to imagine the woods. Where there are creeks, birds flying, and animals running around. I don't know how to hunt so i might as well watch him. I can imagine him running after his prey. He must be a good hunter. With those focused eyes and steady grip, i think he is a very skilled one.

Roof pulled down, the city traffic is getting farther as we glide out into the highway.

"Where are we going?" i asked.

"Somewhere far away from here," he said.

He turned on the radio.

"Rape Me" by Nirvana is playing.

I can't help but laugh at the song. Is he telepathic? He must have read my mind last night.

"What's so funny?," he asked.

"Nothing," i answered. I'm glad he has no idea what i was thinking. This songs that come out in random seems like a setup made by an unseen force. He probably took my rape question seriously. I don't know why i like to make these crazy assumptions. Of course nothing is impossible with a billionaire. He did all the effort until I'm here with him right now, listening to the song "Rape Me" as we speed away somewhere.

Then i stood up, he slowed down. I sat on the headboard and steady myself as the wind blow my hair back. I love the breeze over my face. The sunshine is warm.

"Rape me, rape me my friend"... The song went on. I spread out my hands and sang with the radio, he's laughing at my silliness and he reached his arm to hold me steady.

It's so freeing, to be in the freeway, out of my restricted life for once. I may die tomorrow but without this playboy, i may not get the chance to explore my other emotions and laugh like this.

The sky is the limit. Everything is easy and smooth. He kept his eyes to the highway fully aware of my stunts. It feels so nice, and relaxing.

I sat down and drank some water.

"Aren't you worried I'm taking too much of your time?," i asked

"My time is spent wisely, why do you ask?"

"I mean, you could be doing something else like finding ways to maximize your profit and increase your global reach," i said.

"I am. Everything going on is part of the job."

"I am a part of the job?"

"Yes."

I wish he'd say more and expound on the matter.

"How?"

"You own my time, Delilah. When we're together, nothing else matters but you. It's similar to an oil change or something like that," he said confusing me more.

My brow is arched trying to understand his words.

"Just chill, baby. You're doing so much more than you think."

"Actually, i don't think I'm doing anything at all."

"Exactly," he said.

He used that closing statement again. He is probably too lazy to say more he simply say that word to stop me from asking more.