A cure for sickness

Lisa POV

"Lisa there's a new girl on the list. You want to attend her?" Chaeyoung said to me.

"Oh, what's her name?"

"Uhm...Let me see. It's Kim Jisoo. 24 Years old."

"Ok, what does she have?" I asked Chaeyoung.

"Osteosarcoma, bone cancer."

-

"Jisoo. This is Lisa, the new volunteer from Lavender Ribbon Organization." Jisoo's sister Kim Jennie introduce me to her.

"Hi Jisoo, my name is Lisa. Let's be friends okay?" I reached out my hand to her."

"Hi, Lisa. I'm Jisoo." She gave me a fake smile. "Jendeuk I want to go my room." Jisoo whispered to Jennie but it was loud enough for me to hear.

"Don't be like that unnie, Lisa here is to help us? Talk to her first before retiring to your room ok?" Jennie tried to reason with Jisoo.

Jisoo turned her head to me, "Ah I see, so you're my hero. When are you going to cure me Lisa? Haha... Kidding, I know I'm incurable." She mockingly said to me. 

"There, I talked to her, can I go back to my room now?" Jisoo asked Jennie. Jennie looked at me apologetically for approval which I gave a nod and smile in return.

"Sorry Lisa, I'll take Jisoo to her room. Have a seat wherever you please. I'll bring you something to drink later." Jennie said to me.

A few minutes later Jennie came out from the kitchen with two glasses of cold drinks. She sat beside me and offered one of the glasses. I gratefully accepted and she started to talk.

"I'm sorry Lisa. Jisoo didn't mean it in a bad way. She has her own sense of humor. I hope you didn't get offended by her." Jennie said apologetically.

"Don't mind me Jennie. That wasn't the first time actually." I smiled at her.

"So, you had experiences in this kind of activity?" She asked me and sipped her drink.

"Yes, Jisoo will be my fourth patient."

"What happened to the others?"

"They are in a better place now." She gasped when I told her this.

"Oh...I see. Dd-do you think Jisoo will..die too?" Jennie getting nervous.

"To be honest, I don't know Jennie. We will check her up tomorrow. Let's just hope for the best okay?" I tried to reassure her.

-

"Normally, one of the actions that can be done to a bone cancer patient is the removal of the body part that got cancer, but I'm afraid that Miss Kim's cancer can't be operated. Although Her cancer started to occur on her knee, now it's already spread to some other parts that impossible to be removed.  We can try to slow down the cancer's growth by giving her chemotherapy, or just to give her palliative care and make her happy." The doctor explained to Jennie and me.

"So you mean that Miss Kim is already on the fourth stage of her cancer?" I asked him.

"I'm afraid yes Ms. Manoban. It's all up to her family now." The doctor said.

"We'll talk about it first sir. Thank you very much." I thanked him and then go out of the room.

As soon as we got out, Jennie broke down. She cried and I tried to console Jennie by hugging her tightly. "Jen..Jen..calm down, we can't let Jisoo see you like this, it will break her will too."  I said.

"She's going to die Lis. My only sister is going to die." Jennie said between sobs.

"We don't know that yet. I can't promise you anything. Perhaps there will be a miracle, perhaps there won't be. But sometimes in order to live, in order to be happy, all we need is hope."