Birthday

Right now, I'm preparing her birthday cake in the kitchen. I sway my body to the music I play. I look at the clock, calculating the time I need to finish the cake before she gets home.

Today is her birthday and I want to make everything perfect.

Seeing the cake being made, I'm glad that I decided to take that baking class last month.

Ding..

The alarm warns me that the cake is baked. I pulled it out from the oven and prepare the icing. After it gets cold, I start to coat the cake with chocolate icing just the way she likes it. The cake start to look good then I write a beautiful happy birthday love on top of the cake and also some stick men doing kung fu because I think Lisa will find it funny. 

The cake is almost finished but Lisa still on her way home. She will arrive for approximately an hour. I give the cake a finishing touch and walk myself to the bathroom to freshen up.

-

I look at myself in the mirror, wearing the light blue knee length dress Lisa bought me last week. I let my hair loose and put on some natural make up. When all is perfect I wait for her in the living room, among the balloons and decorations I made this morning.

I sit on the couch while staring at the screen of the TV that doesn't even turned on. I keep thinking what else to do to make this day perfect. Should I sing a song for her? I giggled at that thought.

Lisa and I started as neighbor to each other but then we've just come this far without knowing why. All we know just that we are two broken souls who find comfort in each other's arm.

I smiled at the small box wrapped neatly in a cat themed wrapping paper before checking the clock again. Lisa should be here in any minute.

-

I heard the clicked sound of the door and not long after she comes into my sight. My beautiful Lisa. She dyed her golden hair to brown per my request because I think brown hair will compliment her big brown eyes, but to be honest she's flawless no matter what color is her hair.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" I yelled while popping the confetti.

Instead shocked by my voice she laughed and then she gives me her widest grin before hugging me and swinging me around like a little kid. I screamed in excitement and ask her to put me down.

After she satisfied she put me down and cup my cheeks with both of hands. She looked at me with her captivating brown eyes. I think If one stares too long at those eyes one will lose her mind. She pulled me in closer to her then start to kiss me all over my face.

"Thank you Jisoo!" She said between kisses.

"Are you happy? Did you like my surprise?"

She stopped kissing me and hug me tightly. "I'm ecstatically happy. Yeah! Definitely! Did you prepare all of these by yourself?"

"Yeah. I'm your girlfriend am I not? I want to make your special day..special."

"You're being here already made my day. Give me a kiss." She demands like a kid but I think it's cute. "How can you be so beautiful. Is that the dress I bought you last week?" I nodded

"Thank God, I bought it for you. You look gorgeous in it. So..is this all the surprise?" She ask, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Of course not. Come with me." I hold her hand and lead her to the dining room. I can feel her hold tighten as she look at the cake.

"WHOA! You made this for me?" She points the cake happily and giggled after I nod.

"It's perfect! Look at those stick men fighting with kung fu. Ahahaha..This is my best birthday ever!" She looks very happy.