Chapter 2

A couple of weeks had passed and Alexander was finally able to return back to his dorm back in King’s College. During his time in the hospital he was able to catch up and learn more about sign language more or less. His hands were now less shaky---recovering from his paralyzed and scared state---and managed to somewhat learn at a quick pace. He was actually kind of happy to have the ability to communicate with some of his friends (e.g. Laurens and Angelica); this made him smile. The one thing he wasn’t happy about, though, was that he had to wait at least a month or so until the wound on his throat to heal. Until then he couldn’t speak at all.

Not only did he learn sign language, but his friends would often visit him: Laurens once stopped by along with Hercules Mulligan and Marquis de Lafayette (Alexander and the three called themselves the Revolutionary Squad); the Schulyer sisters (Angelica, Eliza and Peggy) came by with many bouquets of flowers to offer (though Alexander told them that he had enough, he still quite enjoyed their company and eagerness to buy the floral decor); Burr came at least once a week to have a friendly chat and to keep the brunette company; even George Washington and his wife would visit him as well! (To Alexander they were like his parent figures. He wouldn’t admit it, but he loved them dearly.)

Alexander walked along the hallway another minute longer before reaching his destination: his dorm room. He stopped in his tracks, staring down at the doorknob with his hand hovering over it---he was hesitant to open it as he was met with memories once more. Shaking his head, the brunette finally gripped the knob gently and turned it, pushing the door open and walking in. He then closed the door behind him and headed straight for his room to hopefully catch up on some of his missing assignments.

After the news of Alexander ending up in the hospital spread, the teachers (of course) were informed and they excused his assignments that he would most likely miss due to the situation. Although it wouldn’t stop the immigrant from attempting at doing as much work as possible as he wanted- no, needed a distraction from everything.

Just as his hand was about to grab the knob on the door to his room, he was suddenly tackled from behind and he jumped in surprise. He wiggled through the person’s embrace on him, thinking it was Madison who had grabbed him from behind before freezing altogether at hearing a voice that did not belong to Madison at all. “Hamilton!” Alexander was somewhat relaxed that it wasn’t who he thought it was, but he still didn’t want to see Jefferson at all. 

After an attempt in trying to free himself from the tight embrace, the brunette finally managed to succeed and he spun around to glare up at the taller male.

His hair looked to have been combed, but later ended up poofing up afterwards. He wore an oversized, purple t-shirt and tight, black leggings that went to just above his ankles. His hazel-brown eyes looked down at the smaller male in which they seemed to have mixed emotions that Alexander couldn’t even make out just by looking at them. All he could do was stare into the depths of Thomas’s eyes.

After what seemed to be an eternity, Alexander raised his chin slightly higher than it was (as to show some sort of dominance) and attempted to stand taller before twisting the knob and walking into his room, closing the door behind him with a  Slam! He took a seat at his desk that sat by the window---the window looked out onto the large, grassy area in the front of the college building---and went straight to opening his computer and already beginning to type; his fingers darted across the keyboard frantically, hitting at them and creating sounds of Clicks! and Clacks!

Moments passed, the immigrant enjoying the peace and quiet with the only sound being of the keys on the computer being pressed. He tapped at them without even the slightest glance at his hands; he hit the correct ones, creating the words that would form an essay for his history class on the subject of Lin-Manuel Miranda, one of their Founding Fathers.