Chapter 9

Alexander's P.O.V.

While Thomas was gone for classes, I stayed at our dorm and decided to take a break from cleaning up the place a bit. I fell onto the comfy couch in the living room and I smiled at how comfortable I felt at that moment... But then I smelt something.

It wasn't really a gross smell... nor a nice smell... but it smelt of... fire! I immediately shot up from the couch and looked behind, only to see that there was fire on the other side of the dorm door! The fire began to burn away at the door as I gasped, backing up from the door. I then ran to my room to go out the window. Mine and Thomas' dorm was only on the second floor, and it wasn't too far away from the ground below. But when I reach my room, everything is on fire as well! I go to Thomas' room, only to see that it was untouched by the flames. He smiles ever so slightly out of relief. I ran over to Thomas' window, opening it and sticking my head out. I then see that there was no one around to help. Damn it! And guess what? More bad news! One, I couldn't call anyone because the wound on my neck isn't fully healed yet. Second, the window is too damn small for me to go through!

Yeah! I might be small myself, but this window was smaller than me! WHO WOULD HAVE A TINY ASS WINDOW IN THEIR ROOM IN CASE OF EMERGENCIES?! I growled lowly in impatience as I turn around and see the fire grow and travel out of my room and into the hallway. It's official... I was trapped. I could feel my heart pounding faster and faster as I began to hyperventilate. Hot tears brimmed at my eyes as I went to the farthest corner away from the fire. I slid down to the carpeted floor as I let my tears fall, hoping Thomas would come back in time to save me...

Thomas' P.O.V.

After talking with Laf and getting his permission for me to date the one I love, I was on my way back to our dorm when a bunch of people kept running past me in a hurry. And the thing that worries me most, is that these people are running away from the direction the dorm building is... and that's where Alex is! I begin to run past the people before turning the corner on the street. I looked up to see that the building was on fire! Outside, covered in ash and burn marks, I see Laurens, Lee, Burr, and the Schuyler sisters... But no sight of Alex. I could hear the sirens in the distance as I stared at the fiery building. 'Nonononono, Lexi!' I internally screamed. I broke away from my frozen state and started running to the building to rescue my Lexi.

Before I could even reach the dorm building, someone had slammed into me, making me fall back onto the hard sement beneath me. I grunt from the pain of hitting my head as I slowly begin to sit up, rubbing the back of my head. I then look to see that the person who had tackled me was, you geussed it, James FUCKING Madison! And when he looked at me, his expression was full of shock, anger, and fear. "Well this is a surprise!" I say sarcastically. I get up and continue making my way to the building, not giving him a chance to respond.

Of course it was Madison who did this! I mean, who else would it have been? Ever since Alex and I became roommates, he's been so jealous and angry that he would go and try to hurt Alex! And I'll make sure he doesn't pull another fucking stunt like, like... THIS! He's insane! Madison is way too psychotic! I am SO glad I had left his sorry ass! Or else he'd only be wanting me for his own "enjoyment".

Immediately, I stop at the now-burnt-down front doors of the building just as the flames grow rapidly. I stay there standing, thinking of a way to get inside. A moment later, I decided to take off my coat and use it to run inside. Kinda like in some of those movies. Anyway, after I get through the fire (while getting a little burned during the process), it's a little clear inside as long as I keep my head below the smoke. I cover the bottom half of my face so I wouldn't inhale much smoke as I try to make my way through the labyrinth of fallen building materials and fire. I finally reach the second floor, now making my way to the dorm. Once there, there's blocks of scorched wood in the doorway. "Shit," I mumble aloud. I then back up a little before running up and kicking the thick wood. I was actually shocked when I broke them in half. I lightly smirk to myself before heading into what used to be mine and Alex's dorm. "Alex!" I cough out as I begin to look around for my boyfriend.