1.

Today was the same as always, except today I was on my way to an interview.

An interview which I'm sure was about to change my life in more ways than one.

For instance I will finally be able to live independently on my own without feeling constricted and suffocated in the house with my parents.

I will finally be able to do what I want, freedom.

It felt great to be free, but I wouldn't know that yet unless I get the job.

Then in that case I would be stuck wondering what it'd be like to be free.

"Stop thinking bad thoughts, positivity is what I need for today" I chided to myself as I looked up at the huge building that looked like it was made for interviewing.

"Interviewing ..out of all words you picked interviewing ..nice one writer" I rolled my eyes because I'm sure everything around me was created by a writer.

Such as the one right now that picked the wrong word to describe this building.

But of course no one would believe me if I told them that this world was fake because well, how does anyone understand how we come to be?

Anyway, my thoughts snapped back into the present as I stared around at the neat lobby with the receptionist desk just to the left of the sliding doors.

A couple of seats, red in colour next to the wall with a door beside it which I presumed to be an office.

"Hello Sir, how may I help you?" My thoughts were interrupted by none other than the receptionist herself.

"I'm here for a job interview?" I questioned aloud, then slapped my forehead at how unsure I sounded.

"Oh yes, right this way" she hopped off her chair and strolled to the other side of the desk, gesturing for me to follow.

I gave her a once over and decided that when she was behind the receptionist desk she seemed intimidating but now it looked like she was just a head or too shorter than me.

Which almost made me chuckle out loud.

"thank you, ma'am" I gave her a warm shy smile, she nodded curtly pushing her glasses up to the bridge of her nose.

"I'm Milly, nice to meet you" her hand came out to shake mine and I took it cautiously, looking at her before she gave me a warm smile in return.

Her hand felt slender and small in mine making me a bit worried that if I shook it any harder I might break her hand.

"Oh..yeah..right I'm Liam. Liam Cohaisa" I swear I smiled wide enough for my dimples to show because all of a sudden she quickly pulled her hand back and turned around before I realized that she was blushing.

"this way" she muttered after a cough, she led me to an elevator at the end of the hall just past a couple of rooms from the reception area.

"okay so, when you get in you go to the fifth floor, walk down the hall and right at the end should be a door, that's where the interview will be" she gave a swift nod to me, I took that as an opportunity to get into the elevator then gave her a nod in return.

I saw her leaving just as the doors shut giving me a nostalgic feeling when the elevator went up, giving me that stomach dropping type of feeling.

"Okay Liam. Deep breaths" I murmured as the dings of the elevator seemed to get louder the closer we got to the fifth floor.

Interviews are starters for anxiety attacks I swear to god.

I shook my head, rolling my shoulders to loosen the tension thinking to myself how long I should be smiling for.

or if I smiled too much that I would come across as weird, great way to start off an interview.

I mentally laughed at the image in my head shaking the guys hand with a non stop smile, I shook my head at my humour.

The elevator dinged when it reached the fourth floor and I tried to wipe my palms on my pants, hiding how much I was sweating.

My heart was thudding like a pair of bongo drums..bongo..more like bass drums.

"why does the word bongo sound funny?" I asked myself trying not to laugh.

The elevator finally dinged for the fifth floor, breaking me out of my thoughts as I stepped out, looking around.

realizing this was a whole floor dedicated to the one room.

The receptionist lied.

It however, didn't stop me from glancing around the room in awe.

Everything was neat, when I mean neat I mean like not even a speck of dust was in sight.

"holy.." I gasped out loud.

"I don't think I should touch anything, I might dirty it.." I whispered in awe, my finger hovering over the cushion of the couch.

Wanting to touch it.

That's when I heard a loud laugh echoing from near the window, my attention was immediately on the person who laughed.

And believe me, I tried not to gape.

But that's exactly what I did, I gaped.

This guy was a lot taller than me, and he screamed 'power' I tried not to show how nervous I was when I walked towards him.

"uh hi, I'm Liam" I stuttered out nervously sticking my hand out to shake his hand, but that's when his laughter stopped.

My gaze was moving up his body, making me realize that this guy was so huge that I had to crane my neck to look at his face.

"Derek, Nice to meet you" He said in a gruff voice, he wasn't shaking my hand though so I quickly dropped it with a shy blush.

"N-nice to meet you too, I'm Liam" I whispered and then coughed and tried to speak louder.

But I was caught off guard by him laughing again.

"Yes Liam, as I've been told" He shook his head at me.

That's when it hit me and I slapped my forehead.

"I'm so sorry, I'm just nervous..no not nervous..uhm..just...uh absolutely terrified..uh..no that's not what I meant..." I sighed and I could feel my neck as well as my ears reddening with embarrassment.

I could hear him trying not to laugh, his shoulders were shaking trying to hold it in.

But he swallowed down his laughter.

"How about we just get this interview started?" He questioned in a light tone of voice.