5.

Derek's POV

My eyes scanned over the stacks of papers sitting before me.

None of them were in there assorted places, and neither was my brain either.

All I could think about, or rather who.. Was Liam.

"that kiddo is getting under my skin" I threw my pen on the table in frustration.

My chair making a screeching noise when I stood up then paced around.

"okay, maybe you just need a break" I blew a harsh sigh through my nose, running my hands through my hair as I pace out of my living room to the kitchen.

(Sorry, I as the author find it hilarious that he considers his office as the living room table xD, okay anyway)

I still couldn't believe that I managed a Russian accent that day.

His face every time, I really just couldn't help myself.

It took me a while to notice that, while I was in deep thought about him.

That the milk I was pouring, wasn't going into the cup.

"ah for Christ's sake!" I shouted at my cup like it was its fault for the milk missing it completely.

I heaved a deep sigh then grabbed a cloth to wipe the bench and floor down.

A frown evident on my face, the more I thought about Liam the more I smiled.

No, bad Derek.

What I needed to focus on now, was the papers on that table in my office.

My legs managed to transport me from my kitchen to the living room that was like two metres away.

"right, so the patokin family are looking for some security guards" I looked over the paper.

They needed someone that was quick on their feet, that is built to fight.

Also that they were available at any time.
Like a flexible shift.

"right then" I closed my eyes in slight frustration.

There was hardly anyone that had that much time to be able to work flexible shifts.

Which meant, I'd need to train someone up for it.

Alright, I'll put out this job advertisement with lessons free available.

Then I'll train them to how the patokin family sees fit.

"that sounds about right" I murmured to myself chewing on the end of the pen as I wrote down my response in the box below.

I picked my phone up, dialling Milly.

Not even a second later she picks up.

"Yo nigga wassup!" I heard a child's voice speak through the phone.

"This is Milly's boss... Yo" I said in a confused voice with a huge frown on my face.

The little kid laughed and then said into the phone.

"you're a funny man! I'll give this to ma!" He laughed into the phone, I could hear someone telling him off as the phone was finally passed onto someone I recognised.

"Milly here, how can I help you?" she spoke in a professionally polite voice.

"It's Derek, Your boss" I raised an eyebrow.

"right, what do you need" She replied back curtly.

"well, I need you to send this letter off to the patokin family and get an advert written, then published for a security guard job as soon as possible" I tapped my pen against the table, while she hummed on the phone.

"Yes, okay I've got that written down... Don't forget to send me the documents to write the advert and the docs for the letter to" The phone beeped off, making me sigh with relief at the first page being sorted.

I flicked my laptop open as I got to writing out the advert, then typing up the letter.

Sending it through Gmail, before logging off.

"Okay, that should be it" I pursed my lips then gave a curt nod.