Chapter 10

"So where is she now?"

"At the flat. She doesn't feel its the right time to see Darren after...the other night," Jaime said after leaving Lauren's flat and, after much pestering from Meredith, telling her why Lauren had just ran out. Meredith stayed silent for a while trying to think of something that would help Lauren fix all of her problems. "Yeah, I've got nothing..." she said eventually with a sigh. Jaime looked at Darren with the other guys on the other side of the studio. "What are we going to do?" she asked. "Lauren's got herself in such a stupid situation..."

"Well does she love Joey?" Meredith asked. "Because either way she's going to have to tell Darren everything that has happened. She doesn't want to lose his friendship..."

"I agree with you. She needs to tell Darren the truth. But about Joey, she doesn't know if she likes him. Not after everything that's happened. She doesn't know how he feels about her anymore. He keeps changing his mind, but all I know is we need to find out how they really feel about eachother not just what they say to us..."

"Joey?"

Joey looked up at Darren. "Why are you sat behind all these chairs?"

"No reason," Joey said quietly standing up and walking past Darren, making his way outside.

"Um, by the way, have you seen Lauren?" Darren shouted after him. "I need to apologise to her."

Joey ignored Darren and started to walk out of the studio doors and outside.

"Mate, where are you going?" Dylan asked.

"Clearing my head," Joey replied leaving the building.

Dylan turned to Joe and Brian. "Joey Richter has left the building!"

***

"Yo, Joey, is that you?"

"Brendan?" Joey asked in disbelief into his phone.

"Yeah man! Long time no see!"

"Yeah," Joey said. "Its been a while!"

"The reason I'm calling is I'm getting married next week and I'd really love it if you could come to the wedding."

"Oh..." Joey said surprised that someone that he hadn't spoken to in four years was inviting him at the last minute to his wedding. Joey didn't even like Brendan that much. "Um, well...I'm kind of in New York at the moment with the guys..."

"Oh what? Those little guys you hang around with and you sing about harry potter, bugs and dicks? Yeah they're the weird ones. I've never really understood them."

Correction. He hated Brendan.

"Uh, I don't know..." Joey said unsure.

"Well the stag is tomorrow because the others have planned it a week before and it'd be cool if you could come to that!"

Joey sighed. He'd only miss rehearsals for a week or at most two weeks...He'd still have another week in New York if he planned it right. He thought of Lauren. Would he stay for her?

"Joey?"

"Sure."

"Huh?"

"Sure," Joey said again. "I'll catch the taxi later on today."

Its not like Lauren was going to miss him anyway.

 ***

"LAUREEENNNN!!!!" Jaime pounded on the door of the apartment. "OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!!"