seventeen | phone call

'Um... hello?'

'Do you seriously not know who I am?' Emerson scoffed, mouth half filled with self-pity-donuts, as she pressed the phone to her ear.

Brie nodded to herself, laughing slightly before responding; 'Right — yeah, I kinda deleted your number after the whole... break up... thing...,'

'Did you like me and tell Aliana about it but then she told you that I didn't like you and told you to back off? Because she did that to me when I said I liked 'you and now I'm confused because conveniently for the universe's amusement or some shit I learn this just as I get a girlfriend that isn't you... so...' Emerson rambled, and Brie's mouth had unhinged and found a new place upon the floor.

'Wow — okay then, no beating around the bush.'

'Please just tell me.'
'Yes, I did like you,' Brie paused, before correcting herself. 'I do like you.'

'Okay then. So filming just got a whole lot more complicated—,'

'I don't want it to affect anything — I know you have a girlfriend and I would never do anything to jeopardise that.'

'I know, Brie. It's just now that I know this I—,' Emerson paused, resting her palm on her forehead. She was clueless in what to do.

'You what?'

"Never mind. I've got to go, Brie. Bye.'