nineteen | real life

'So can sometime tell me what the fuck happens now?' Sebastian inquired, eyebrow raised as he stared at Emerson, who shrugged, feebly sipping her coffee.

'Well, my life is in shambles. The one person I thought I could trust ended up betraying me, the girl I was in love with loves me back but I don't know how to be around her anymore after... everything.' Emerson responded before slumping back in her chair.

'My plan : get over her. Get over everything. Brie and you are messy, and while yes — we're all rooting for you two, maybe you need to make things light and breezy. Go around, have some fun, and if you still love her at the end of it, then persue her.' Sebastian responded, but Emerson shook her head lightly, cedar locks of hair falling out of her messy up-do.

'No— no. I'm not going to string Brie around like that, and I'm not going to expect her to wait for me to figure out my mess. This is a decision I have to make myself, and I can't and won't toy people around like that. It's wrong.' Emerson remarked, and Sebastian nodded.

'Well... if you love her — go out with her. Make an attempt.' Sebastian sighed, running a hand through his hair.

'Yeah... yeah. I've... I'll try. And I'll make it perfect.' Emerson smiled, and Sebastian chuckled in response.

'And if you mind setting me up with someone in the process, I would be eternally grateful.' Sebastian joked, and Emerson shook her head, laughing lightly.

'Wow — I'm shocked. And here I was thinking that you would be my fallback plan.' Emerson gasped, feigning shock as Sebastian smiled.

'Hey — we still have our promise. When, not if, when we're both forty and single, we'll get hitched and prove to our very judgemental family members that not all actors love-lives are bullshit.' Sebastian nudged her, and she giggled. 'But until then, go chase the love of your life, Ms Kindly.'

_______________

PRIVATE MESSAGE
( between emerson & chris )

emerson : so , do u by any chance have flowers and like a very extravagant love declaration plan on standby?

chris : can i ask ? do i even want too ?

emerson : i'm planning to tell brie that she's the love of my life, and therefore need to win her back.
emerson : so , flowers ?

chris : i'll get roses and the expensive bottle of wine — you get the gift and 'take-me-back' banner and the beatbox. we'll wait until it rains and then you'll stand outside her door and proclaim your love and then you ride off into the sunset

emerson : perfect — it'll be raining tomorrow.

chris : if not , i'll break out the hose.

++