Chapter 16

“Turn the chicken!”Lola heard Heather screaming from a distance, she sighed shaking her head as Shawn chuckled squeezing her hand.   They approached the clearing, noticing the lights hanging from trees to trees, and a bonfire in the middle and a chicken being held by the sticks on top of burnt coal.  

“The smell is….  Making my stomach growl in hunger” Lola said patting her tummy as she grinned.

“Turn the damn chicken Dylan!, ”  Heather shouted at Dylan who gritted his teeth.  “it's gonna burn… And to hell no… If I’m gonna feast on that”

“Can you please stop screaming for a minute. I know what i'm doin’ okay! “ Dylan huffed as he put some vegetable oil on the chicken. “And quiet being bossy”

“Doesn't really look like. And I will beas much bossy as I like ” Heather mumbled rolling her eyes, she perked up noticing Shawn's clothes.

“What the F…“ Heather closed her mouth when Shawn glared at her.  She opened her mouth smirking as she said “ What were you guys actually doing?”  

“Woah! dude what happened to your shirt? “ Dylan asked as he stared at his shirt.

Shawn huffed as Lola giggled. Shawn's shirt was teared.. Looked like it was stuck in thorns.

“ Wrestling?”  Heather smirked wiggling her eyebrows. “Did the wrestling got out of hands? “

“A squirrel… did that, “ Shawn said angrily gesturing at his shirt with his hands. “And both of you shut up! ”

“Yeah sure…”

“ Why would Squirrel try to eat that?… I

I just don't really get it..” Lola mumbled as she stood beside Heather.

“Maybe he took likening to his clothes.fan of  Sweaty clothes… may I add. “ Heather mentioned nudging Lola grinning.

“Never leave your clothes in the middle of the woods. Lots of living things  can yaknow can have a… way of wrestling with it” Dylan said winking making Shawn groan while the girls giggled.

It was almost midnight as the two couples sat around fire, munching on marshmallows. The wind was blowing lightly as the trees around moved with a rhythm. And  the sky was filled with stars.

“Will you remember me? Ever?” Heather asked Dylan as he raised his eyebrow then shrugged.

“Yes?”

“Knock knock” Heather asked grinning as she leaned closer, Dylan chuckled replying

“Who is there?”

“You said you will remember me.” Heather replied  starting laughing at the end.

“That was awful!” Lola mumbled, she looked unimpressed as she shook her head along with Shawn. She cuddled to Shawn's side as the wind blew. The comforter draped on them keeping them warm, also the heat radiating off the wolf helped A Lot in warming up.

“Ooo! I got one…!” Dylan perked up catching thier attention.

“Knock knock”

“Who is there “ Lola replied leaning forward raising her eyebrow.

“Lettuce”

“Lettuce who?”

“Lettuce in”  Dylan replied then  burst in laughter.

“Okay that was very lame” Shawn said shaking hjs head.

“Yeah like you! “ Heather said narrowing her eyes at him.