Weaponized

"So, what are we gonna do with it?", Stiles asked, looking down at the money that Garrett was paid for his murders. Scott shook his head, "i don't know". Sighing, i raked a hand through my hair, "well, have you counted it?". "Not yet", he replied, eyes trained on the red sports bag. "We should count it", Stiles concluded, taking a hold of one side of the package. Nodding, Scott took the other and in one swift motion, tipped it all out onto the floor. Between the bundles of green, there was a mixtape, the words 'play me' written on it.  

*

Placing the final stack of money on a pile, the mixtape came to a cracking end, "Visual confirmation is always required". A little taken aback, i took a deep breath, "a wire transfer?". "They had enough money", Scott answered. "So, you two didn't understand a word of that either?", Stiles asked, rubbing his chin with squinted eyes. "I don't understand any of this", Scott replied, waving his hand to the scene on the floor, "why would someone use all this money just to kill us?".
"Someone wants you dead... badly".

Huffing, Scott stuffed it back into the bag quickly. "Woah, woah, woah, what are you doing?", Stiles stammered. "It's kate we got the PSATs in the morning", the wolf shrugged. "No, dude, i meant the money, 500, 000 dollars. Do you know how much money that is?".
"It's 500, 000 dol-".
"It's half a 1 million dollars, what are you gonna do? Slide it under your mattress?".
"I have to talk to Derek, the money's his".
"Actually, it's Derek's and Peter's", i spoke up, pointing to the bag. Stiles moved his hand to my direction, "exactly".
"What does that mean?", Scott questioned, eyebrows raised.
"It means maybe we should proceed with caution", Stiles replied, sighing through his nose.
"You don't think we should tell Derek?".
"No... no", Stiles got up, walking away slightly, his back facing us, "no, of course we have to tell him, I'm just... I'm just saying, some of that money's Peters, right?". He turned around to us, looking for an answer.
"Yeah", i replied, shrugging slightly.
"Peter. Homicidal killler, you wanna give half a million dollars to him?".
"So, we should give Derek his money back but not Peter", Scott said, staring at his friend blankly. "I didn't say that".
"Stiles, what are you saying?".
Falling into a void of silence, the light light patter of footsteps could be heard. Scrambling about, Scott stuffed the bag under his bed and sat on his mattress, along with Stiles. Whereas, i stayed where I was, it was perfectly fine down here on the floor.

Door swinging open, it revealed a soaked Malia. "We found Satomi's pack, Derek and i, but they're dead", she informed casually. "All of them?", i asked, shock deep in my features. "All the ones we found".
Stiles stepped forwards, "well then, where's Derek?".
"At the hospital, we also found Braeden, she was shot".

*qeue title sequence*

Waiting in line for the PSATs, nervousness kept into my chest

Waiting in line for the PSATs, nervousness kept into my chest. "Where's Lydia?", Kira asked. "She took it in Freshmen year", i replied, fidling with my hands. "Does that mean i could have taken it some other time?", Malia questioned, eyebrow raised. "Malia you studied harder for this than any of us", Scott replied, the same nervous look on his face.
"That doesn't mean im gonna do good".
"Well", Stiles said, scratching the back of his neck.
"Well what?", Malia asked, her face filled with confusion.
"It's do well, not good".
"Oh come on!".
"Guys were doing this", i said, "even though we are trying to get killed i still wanna graduate and go to college, a good college".
"It's three hours", Kira spoke, "we can survive three hours".