Chapter 24

"So what happens now? Seventeen is still going to come," Yunho spoke to the room with all of Ateez in it.

"I don't know, their, or at least Minghao's main weakness isn't as obvious now. We still might be able to use Jessie against them though, since Minghao was pretty torn up over it, right Yeosang?" Everyone in the room looked to Yeosang when Hongjoong finished talking.

Yeosang didn't say a word, only nodding as a response.

"But Mingi screwed himself over on all the trust she had with him," Wooyoung spoke, glaring at the mentioned member. He was mad at him on behalf of both Jessie and Yeosang's behalf, but mostly Yeosang since Wooyoung knew he wouldn't say anything.

Mingi simply sat there, leaning back with his arms crossed and raised one of his eyebrows.

Wooyoung huffed and rolled his eyes, looking back to Hongjoong.

"She's going to be distrusting of all of us now, since we all have the same reputation," Hongjoong sighed in frustration.

Wooyoung leaned over and whispered to Yeosang without anyone knowing, "Tell them you talk with her."

Yeosang quickly shook his head no.

"Why not?"

"I don't want to be tasked with getting her here," Yeosang whispered back, being extremely quiet.

"Why? You get to spend more time with her," Wooyoung pointed out. Yeosang just stared at him.

"What are you two whispering about?" Hongjoong called the two out.

"Say it," Wooyoung told Yeosang. He shook his head no again.

"Then I will," Wooyoung spoke before continuing, "Yeosang and Jessie have been talking a lot lately."

Yeosang aggressively shook his head no, looking at the entire room.

"So what? Is that why she broke up with Minghao and won't date me? She likes you?" Mingi questioned angrily.

Yeosang just stared at him with an annoyed expression on his face.

"Mingi, just because a girl isn't interested in you for once in your life doesn't mean you have to attack your fellow member, and your friend," San spoke up.

"But is he? A friend? I've been wanting to say this for a while. I don't think he actually trusts any of us, aside from maybe Wooyoung. I mean who in this room do you know the least about?" Everyone, excluding Wooyoung, hated to admit that Mingi had a point, but they all knew he had a past he didn't want to talk about. They all had pasts, however, so they never pushed it.

"Mingi, shut the hell up," Wooyoung's tone was filled with anger at Mingi attacking his best friend.

"Why? This needs to be said," Mingi fired right back, "Look, he won't even defend himself."

Yeosang finally decided to say something, "How can I trust you when you obviously don't trust me?"

"We do-" Yeosang cut Seonghwa off when he said, "I know none of you do. Wooyoung is the only one that actually trusts me, and I trust him."

"Why don't you think we trust you?" Seonghwa spoke up again.

"Do you? Trust me?" Yeosang looked every member in the eye, most looked away as soon as they made eye contact. The only ones who held it was Wooyoung, Seonghwa, and Hongjoong, showing that they did.

"Over half this group doesn't, I've always known it too," Yeosang's voice was deep.

"Yeosang," Yunho began, but stopped as soon as Mingi glanced at him.