Author's Note

Thank you SO much for reading till the end of the line (see what I did there ;))!! I appreciate it more than you know, I really, truly do. I'm so thankful for each and every one of you who took the time to read both books, it means so much to me.

I worked so, so hard to bring you guys an origin story of the Winter Soldier, and I sincerely hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

I chose to write the Winter Soldier's origin story because it's one that really intrigued me from the first time I heard of it, and since the MCU never really gave us a clear origin story I figured hey, why not make one up? I was always interested in reading one but I was never able to find one on Wattpad soooo I decided to just write one of my own. And fun fact: this wholllllle thing actually started as a one shot and I got about halfway through writing the one shot and realized I couldn't keep it short enough to be considered a one shot. And thus, Wicked was created.

I also chose to write it without an OC as the main character, because I see a lot of fanfics that'll say things like "Natasha Romanoff origin story" but then it ends up not really being about Natasha Romanoff and moreso about the author's OC who, chances are, becomes a love interest. Which of course still makes for an excellent story! So Natasha is still in it, but she's not the main focal point. Which is totally fine, I love a good OC story. I just wanted to do something a little different. Partially because I hate the OCs I come up with, but mostly because I think it's so much fun to get into the heads of the characters that I find interesting. Maybe that comes off as creepy but let's be real here, we all do it lol. That's kindaaaa the point of fanfiction, anyway.

Also, I hope it wasn't too boring or confusing. If it was, my apologies. I'm far from perfect and am still always looking to improve my writing techniques!

And I really do hate to be that person but if you enjoyed (or know someone who would), please take a moment to hop back on over to book one and tag them! I'd really appreciate it!

But anyway, thank you SO much again for reading my story, I'm more grateful than you know. ❤

~ T