part eleven- me over him

MITCHS POV
scott stays the night that night. We hold eachother close. It feels good like this, him staying over; us wearing our pajamas and doing our morning routines together. He doesnt work the next 3 days and suggests we go out on the town. He tells me he needs to spend time with his man. I am so glad that i have earned the title. We havent gone out together since the coffee shop.

It hasnt been that long that weve been together, but it feels like a lifetime. Okay, maybe im being dramatic. What i mean, is it feels like nothing has changed since our teenage relationship. We just took a break. Ive still known him since i was 10, regardless if we lost a few years in between. I never stopped being in love with him, and i dont think i ever will. I cant see myself not with scott. the past few years without him feel like a distant memory.

....

Not only do i arrange a gig for tomorrow night, but another recording session. Scott is tagging along. I feel good. Ive also been texting the boy austin from the studio constantly. we get along amazing together. He invited me to a downtown fashion show the other day. The models were oddly beautiful. Beautiful because of thier imperfections. I love models like that. Some of the outfits werent my favorite, but i am a sucker for that type of stuff regardless. It was nice being around him; new friends are always great. I'm always shy and a little picky when it comes to making them, but i really felt right being with him.

...

I wear some of my nicest clothes when me and scott go out. A sheer polka dotted top with and some black pants with a stripe down the side. And my obvious pair of white platform boots.

Scott takes me to the boardwalk. It's one of the best things about living in california. Im not sure my outfit is quite beach attire, but scott refused to tell me where we are going. I think he can sense me worrying and he says he brought extra clothes and swimming trunks. The sun is going down.

We walk and watch the sunset and talk about the things we talk about. Our music and our plans for the future.

"I cant see myself doing anything other than making music and spending the rest of my life with you" he tells me.
it warms my heart.

He takes me to the fanciest restaurant near the boardwalk area. Its a suprise i'd never been there before. We get a table outside and the sunset by the beach is beautiful and romantic. He holds my hand from across the table. Its always been scary to me; showing affection with a man in public. I'm not ashamed, but its not always safe. But I feel safe with scott. It feels completely and utterly right holding his hand in mine, even when people are watching.

After we eat we head to the beach and sit in the sand. He lays out one of the biggest plankets ive ever seen. I take off my boots and put them in his bag.

I kiss him. And i dont care when people see us.

SCOTTS POV
I play with the chunky rings on mitchs fingers. The sunset was beautiful and its getting dark. I feel calm, safe, and at peace. Right here on the beach with my man is where i belong.

I kiss him and his lips are cold. I feel the sand underneath our towel and stuck to my legs. The sound of the waves is extraordinarily beautiful. Our kisses are passionate and real. He is my soulmate and i know this now. I dont know if there is a god but thank you to whoever is responsible for bringing him back to me.

...

...

SCOTTS POV
i take mitch home after the night on the beach and he sleeps at my house. Hes there when i get home from work the next day, and we go to Aaron's studio together.

The first recording session is amazing. Arron is in love with me. And even more so- in love with the way mitch and i's voice sounds together.

We recording for days at a time; days turns into weeks. We have so many songs and songs written and recorded before i even know it.

And mitch has more and more shows to perform, adding more and more original songs to his list. Hes gaining popularity, some of the area knows his name. I even perform with him at times; i swear the crowd is bigger each show. People smile and cheer for us when we finish. Im happy that people enjoy what we have to offer. Aaron says we need to release an EP, and i dont know if we're quite ready; but i feel good, and im not afraid to keep moving foward. This is what im happy doing.

MITCHS POV
Thing move fast. The past 2 weeks ee and scott have been recording music together and performing at more and more places. Surley this is the happiest ive been in my life. I have friends, scott, austin, kirstin, even some other people ive met after performances. Im expressing myself through music and fashion as much as i possibly can. I feel so utterly myself. I am finacially stable and i dont have to worry about not eating some days.

I stay at scotts house most nights and he introduces me to people as his boyfriend. I can hold his hand and kiss his lips whenever i want to without restriction. This is amazing.

But its late at night after one of our big shows when i see scotts phone go off.

[1 unread message from Mark]

I am not the jealous type but i sure am curious when i see this unknown man's text in my boyfriend 's phone. I dont want to disrespect his privacy. But the message compells me.

What does he have that i didnt?

My brain is automatically flooded with the worst. Scott is still showering. I fumble for the phone and go to thier messages.

mark
I just dont get why you stayed with me for weeks before telling me you were with someone new

I know we werent doing the best but i never called you off as a cheater

scott
i'm not a cheater mark.... things werent going well between us and you know that. I thought it was over.

mark

Yet you continued to be with me after you slept with him? You didnt end things. You should have broken things off immediately.

I lock his phone and set it back down. Tears well in my eyes. Did scott really have a boyfriend when he met me? My chest is heavy..

And he left him for me?