five

0.5

A few days had passed since Lily and Ashton had seen each other, they had exchanged the odd text, usually being from Ashton making sure that she was still okay and emotionally stable. Lily kind of missed Ashton even with them only being apart for a few days, it had happened, she had become attached to this guy, something she vowed not to do. Ashton had been keeping a secret from her though, over the past couple of days he had been looking for an apartment to buy in the area, he had decided to move to England from California in the few weeks he had been here on holiday with a bunch of his friends. He didn’t quite know how Lily would react to this when he would tell her, but he hoped that she would like it. While he had been ‘apartment shopping’, Lily’s creative side had been going crazy, doodling like there was no tomorrow, causing the walls around her bed to become completely covered with new drawings, a few with him as her inspiration.

Within a week Ashton had purchased an apartment a few streets away from Lily’s, and he was planning on inviting her over as a house warming party with a twist, the twist being that she would have to help him paint the walls.

He positioned himself on his new couch and texted Lily,

“I’m going to text you an address and I want you to go there, no questions asked okay?”

“Um okay, as long as there’s no creepy shit”

“I promise you there’ll be no creepy shit x” he smiled at her reply. It was evident that he was still head over heels for her; he just really wanted to see her again.

It only took Lily around ten minutes to arrive at Ashton’s door, she knocked cautiously, not knowing what she’d find behind it.

“It’s open!” Ashton called from behind the door. She turned the knob slowly and pushed the door open to see a slightly furnished apartment,

“Surprise” he shrugged, meeting her in his lounge area,

“What is this?” she looked around at the small apartment, still confused at what was going on

“My apartment”

“Your-“ she began but he cut her off,

“I decided to stay in England and buy myself an apartment” happiness grew inside of Lily, he had mentioned to her that he wasn’t in England for very long and would be gone in a few weeks, which left her feeling kind of scared, she was unsure how she would cope without him around. But now he was staying, he had brought an apartment and everything.

“Really?” she asked, being the only thing she could think of, a huge smile spreading across her face,

“Yeah” the same large smile spread across his face too as she threw herself at him, wrapping her arms around him tightly. “I couldn’t just leave you babe” he chuckled, squeezing her. Ashton really loved calling her by pet names like babe or gorgeous, and Lily couldn’t deny that she liked it too.

“Are you sure, I mean you’ve only been here a few weeks and you might not like-“

“Lily” he stopped her, knowing that she’d ramble, “I’m sure”

“But I didn’t just invite you over here to show my apartment” Ashton began as he finished showing her around his small apartment,

“Oh?” she asked, Lily was never one who liked surprises but he was full of them

“I need your artistic expertise to help me paint the walls” he gestured to the walls that were grey with a faint hint of brown,