Nineteen- Rush

Chapter 19- Rush

Recap: “I love you and we are going to find you, do you hear me?” he said

I was beginning to believe him when a figure began to make shape in front of me; panic and powerlessness rushed through me again, “I love you, Kael” I whispered into the phone before I placed it down on the ground, distracting whoever was behind those bushes.

I crept away, tip-toeing backwards when my back met with a rough chest. I wanted to scream when his hand covered over my mouth. He pulled my head back, making me meet my eyes with his.

       “Shh, it’s just me” he said, releasing his grip

“Harvey,” I breathed

“Violet’s right behind me, where are the three?” he asked

“You brought her with you!? She’s pregnant!” I whisper-yelled at him

“She insisted, look it is okay”

“Chad is stronger! So are the other two!”

“The others are right behind me, it’s safe. We are all safe”

“Says you” taunted a voice from behind me.

Harvey pulled me behind him, standing in a protective stance. I turned to look behind me only to see Violet being held by Demetrio, her neck tilted up a silver knife at her throat.

Harvey turned sideways, keeping both of them in his peripheral vision, “Hurt her and I will kill you Demetrio!”

Demetrio grinned, pressing the silver knife against Violet’s throat, she whimpered.

“Don’t hurt her!” I yelled, a wave of protectiveness washed through me “You don’t have to do this to any of them, I’m right here” I said

Nicholas smiled, his eyes locked with mine, “All I really wanted was a taste of you, Jaymes” he taunted “nothing else”

I took a step forward when Harvey pushed me back, fiercely whispering, “Like hell am I going to let you do that, Jaymes”

“He’ll kill her”

“He won’t have the chance”

“I can’t risk it”

I pushed Harvey’s arm away, catching him off balance, I ran forward and turned to look at them.

“Jaymes!” both Violet and Harvey screamed

“It’s alright, it is fine” I smiled for them both; then I turned to the two “You both want me?” I taunted, “Come and get me” I turned and ran forward jumping over logs and fallen trees, tripping on slippery stones but I kept running anyways, I heard running behind me, but I didn’t stop.