Chapter 19

The smell of popcorn rose through the air as we stood outside of the theater.

"So what do you want to watch?" Luke said as his arm was wrapped around my waist.

"Umm, I don't know. Just whatever you want to watch."

"Ok." We walked up to the man who was behind the glass.

"Hello."

"Hi." Luke said politely.

"What would you like to watch today?"

"Um, let's do two for monsters university" Luke said while pulling out his wallet.

"Ok, that'll be 30 dollars."

"Ok." Luke handed him the money and the man handed us our tickets. "Y'all enjoy your movie."

"Thank you. I'm sure we will." Luke said with a smile.

We walked inside and that popcorn smell got stronger. "Do you want something to eat, or drink?" Luke said.

I looked up at him and said "You wanna share some popcorn with me?"

"Sure.. You wanna share some cherry coke?"

"Sure."

So we turned and faced the concession stand, but before we walked over I had to stop Luke and I from walking any further.

"Wait. We can't go over there."

"Why not?" He whined. "I want some popcorn." He pouted.

"Luke, so do I. But that's Ashleigh, from my band. If she sees me with you she'll tell Michael."

"Aw man... Well do you wanna stay here and I'll go get it. Cause she doesn't know me."

"Ok, I'll be sitting right over there." I pointed at the metal bench.

"Ok." He released his arm from my waist and I went to go sit down.

                         ·Luke's Pov·

    I walked over to the concession stand and saw a tan girl with short brown hair with pretty brown bambi eyes. She looked about 17. She was wearing a purple 'sleeping with sirens' tee, and over that was her red and white striped apron that she tied around her waist.

"Hi, I'm Ashleigh. What can I get you?" She said very happy.

"Hi Ashleigh. I'm Luke, and I'll take a large popcorn, extra butter. With a large cherry coke."

"Ok. Just a second." She grabbed a popcorn bucket filled it with popcorn and then drizzled butter all over it. Then she took a large cup and put some ice in it. Then filled it with Cherry coke.

"Here you go." She said handing me everything. "That will be 15 for the popcorn and 5 for the coke."

"Ok." So I pulled out my wallet and handed her the money.

"Thank you." She put the money in the cash register. "Umm, would it be ok if we hang out sometime?"

"Well, I have girl friend."

"Oh, well what's her name?"

"I really don't want to talk about this. I would just like to get to my movie."

"Oh yah, of course. I'm sorry." She said as she blinked her eyes slower.

"It's ok. I'm sorry. I would love to but, we only have a little while to hang out."