Chapter 20

*******The Next Day After School********

"Come on it'll be so much fun." Luke said trying to get me out of the car to hike up the humongous mountain for the big surprise.

"No Luke. Have you seen how tall it is?!" I said motioning to the 4,300 foot mountain.

"Yes, but trust me. It will be the best day ever!"

I sighed and said "Why do let you get to me." I slid out of the car.

He smiled and picked me up and spun me around. I couldn't stop giggling.

"Have I ever told you, that you have such a cute giggle." He said grinning.

"Nooo... But I'll take it." I smiled.

"Ok, well... What are we waiting for, let's go see your awesome surprise." He held my hand and we started walking up the trail. Yay.

We walked at least 197 miles, until my feet started killing me, this was horrible.

"Luke?" I whined.

"Dres?" He replied.

"My feet hurt."

"I'm sorry luv, I didn't mean for this date to hurt you. Do you want me to carry you the rest of the way?"

I nodded my Head. He just smiled. He walked closer to me. He wrapped his one of his arms around my back, and the other under my legs. I think that I enjoyed the walk more than he did.

"I'm sorry that I made you carry me."

"You didn't make me carry you. I offered it. And I'm actually enjoying it." He gave me a reassuring smile.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I would rather be doing this, than not being able to see, or touch you."

"Aww, why are you so adorable?"

He just shrugged. "I don't know? Maybe it's because I'm supposed to be adorable only for you."

I giggled and said "Your such a dork. But I love my dork."

"Yes you do." He gave me a kiss. Then he set me down. "Ok, Dresden. I want you to keep your eyes closed."

"Ok?"

"I will guide you, with my hands and with my voice."

"Ok."

I closed my eyes, and Luke gently grabbed both of my hands and he started to walk. I listened very carefully to what he said.

He would say "It's, ok. Your safe." And then every now and then he would joke with me and say "Oh my gosh be careful your gonna fall off!" And then he would laugh. But every time he said it I would flip him off, and then he would giggle at me flipping him off.

"Ok, Dres. 3-2-1 open." He said very slow.

I opened my eyes to see a beautiful view. I could see the beautiful light blue ocean, along with the white sand beach. I could see the trees, and right where Luke and I were standing there was a huge waterfall right above us. I could feel some of the water splash next to me.

"Sooo? What do you think?" Luke said curious.

"Luke... This is just breath taking."

He giggled and said "I know, whenever I was younger my family and I would come out here to hang out, swim, and eat lunch."

"Well, why don't you come out here any more?" I wondered.

"I'm not sure. I guess that it might been when my dad got his new job. His schedule kind of changed and, everyone else had other things to do. So, yah."