The start of Dabi

(That's Hawks/Keigo Takami)
_________________________________________

It's been four months since the so-called death of Shouto and Touya Todoroki. The outside world had forgotten about their existence. Except for the Todoroki family. Touya and Shouto were getting used to their new lives. Every once and a while Touya would leave the warehouse while Keigo watched his younger brother so he can get some money.

In the morning he would teach his brother somethings because he was too scared to think about putting Shouto in school. Luckily for him, Shouto understood why he couldn't go to school and didn't complain about it. Sometimes his boyfriend would help with teaching Shouto things as well as bring workbooks.

Then after that Touya took Shouto put outside for a bit so he could enjoy having a childhood now that he had a chance to. And he did that pretty much every day. With the exception of taking Shouto to the nearby town. But it was his endless cycle.

There were some days when Keigo would give him worried looks. He knew that Touya was stressing himself out and every time he would say something about it Touya would just say that it should be him worrying about Keigo, not the other way around. After a while, Keigo started to devise a plan to destress his boyfriend. But he would never understand how Touya felt.

Life was getting dull to him. He didn't miss anything he had to do at home but he felt like he could put himself to better use when Shouto was sleep. Plus if he did leave there was no way in hell that Shouto because ever since they left their dad's house he slept like a rock. Not even the loudest noise could wake him up.

If he did leave what would he do? Would he get a night job? Touya shook his head at the thought. He would have to make up a name for himself and he might be too tired in the morning to be there for his little brother and if Keigo was there he couldn't let him have to take care of his brother. As he was thinking about what he could do he started to figure out that he couldn't really do much.

Touya was starting to think that he should just sit down and be humble when the idea hit him right in the face. He could be a vigilante. By doing that he could make his own hours and use the skills he learned. The downsides were that if he got hurt he would have to bandage himself up and not alarm Shouto. Then the biggest risk to this all was that he get killed or arrested.

Now if he got killed hopefully Keigo would visit and see Shouto and take him home so he could be safe. And the getting arrested part would be disastrous because he would have to make up a name for himself and a whole lot of other things. Then he thought about more it might be better to stay in the warehouse and enjoy life. Plus why would he even think about that? Soon after he fell asleep.

Late in the afternoon, Keigo flew into the warehouse and shook Touya awake. Touya looked around to see if there was a problem and only saw his boyfriend and Shouto playing with a toy truck while making various different car noises. And if he remembered correctly he didn't have a toy truck. To be truthful Shouto didn't have any toys.

"What's going on?" Touya asked.

"Nothing I just missed you!" Keigo told him.

Touya raised his eyebrow in a questioning manner. "What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything bad this time at least I think so." Keigo paused to think about what he should say next. "I just took Shouto out for a bit so you could get some sleep!"

"You took him outside without telling me." Touya's voice was oddly soft.

Keigo took a small breath before he spoke again. "Everything was fine. Shouto behaved and no one asked any questions." He explained to his boyfriend.