Chapter 6: It's a Problem!

School’s seriously been stressing me out, guys. I barely have time to write anymore and that makes me really sad because I adore this story. *Sighs* But on a brighter note, I brought my ACT score up! Anyway, here’s the next part, a little pathetic!Ian-centric. I know this is fluff, but seriously guys, you should know by now that if it’s from me, there’s gonna be angst. I can’t help it. I promise it isn’t too heavy. 

“There’s a problem with this,” Sohinki announced, poking his head up from the air mattress that he’d been attempting to blow up — for the past hour or so. 

“Clearly,” Anthony observed, dropping to his knees beside Sohinki, “you’ve been working on that thing for a thousand years.”

With a disgusted expression on his face, Sohinki tossed the mattress down onto the floor. “There’s a fucking hole in it.” He stood up and pressed his hand to his forehead in exasperation. 

Mari sighed, wrapping her arms around him. “Matt, it’ll be okay. We’ll just get a hotel or something.” 

Ian walked into the room, having just put Audrina in her crib and to sleep. As it would turn out, she was exhausted and shut her eyes almost immediately after Ian had settled her into her crib. “What’s this I hear about a hotel?” 

“Nothing,” Anthony said quickly, “Mari and Sohinki are just being dumb because their mattress has a hole in it. 

Ian chuckled. “Guys, it’s fine. We have two double beds, plenty of room.” 

“Really?” Sohinki asked, “where will you guys sleep?” 

Ian was ready to volunteer to sleep in Anthony’s bed when his best friend interjected: “I’ll sleep on the couch.” 

Needless to say, Ian was pretty disappointed. 

Mari frowned. “Are you sure, Anth? Because we can totally-”

“No,” Anthony replied, firmly. “You guys always give us a place to stay when we need it. It’s the least we can do to return the favor. Right, Ian?” he asked, glancing at Ian. 

Ian nodded. “Of course.” 

“I’ll be totally fine,” Anthony replied, “besides, we’ll be going to LA soon, anyway.” 

Ian had forgotten about that. When Mari and Sohinki flew back to LA in a few days, they’d be going back with them to film for their Smosh Games channel. Which brought him to his next thought: what about Audrina? 

Before he could ask Anthony about her, Anthony said that he needed a shower. Solemnly, Ian watched him leave the room and sighed. He let his attention float back to his friends, who stood next to him.
Sohinki yawned and stretched his arms. “I think I’m about ready to go to bed, guys. Flying always makes me tired. Coming, Mari?” 

She nodded. “Just give me a minute, okay?” 

Yawning again, Sohinki made his way toward Anthony’s room. When he was out of earshot, Mari sat down on the sofa and patted the spot next to her. Confused, Ian sat down beside her, shooting her a questioning look. 

She smiled. “Don’t act like you don’t know what this is about, Ian. Look, I know the real reason you took Audrina in.” 

He frowned. “Dude…we took her in because she had nowhere else to go and no one else to care for her. It was the right thing to do.” 

“Was it?” she asked, “I get it, she might be one of your kids. The key word is might. Is it maybe possible that you just want a way to get closer to Anthony?” She smiled softly.