Chapter 9

The Decepticons are A̶̡̳͔̙̟͖̦̱̲̲̺̱̥͐̊ͧ͋̄͋̄͐ͮ͂͆͛̽̔͝͡͠ͅ ̷̨͎͎̰̩͖̂ͪ̃̅̿̒ͭ̒̀͞Ļ̷̷̸̵͎͓͔̬̞͎͇̪̪̹ͧ̀̾͂ͬ̚ͅo͙̜̺͖̤͕̩̖͋͊̅ͤ̈̀̅ͪ̀̎̎͆͢͠ͅs̶̿͂̉̎ͯ̔͏̢͓̬̪̬̝̜̞̬̝͕̗͓ͅt̛̯̜̮̺̳̺̞̮̙̠̗̰̟̣͒͛͒̿͑̓ͬͯ̎͢ ̢̡̓͆͗ͨ̿͂͐ͩ͗̃̈́͌͗ͬ̕͢͏̣͕̺̗̞̠͕̤̘̲̰C̸̾͗̓̈́͋̓̐̐͂͂̋ͨͦ̏̒̆̚͠҉̮̖̘̻͖͈̪̮͎͓̺͚ă̢̡̻͖͎̣̝̥̹̣̮̻̳̬̫͙̪̪̈́ͥ͗͗̈́͆̊̈͡͠u̶̺̰̱̗̬͌̒̎̈ͪ̔͆̃̉̌͋̂̑͐̏ͩ́͢s̸̷̍ͬ̅͛̀̽ͦ͐̃ͭ͞͏̳̪̣̮͈̤̥e̖̠̮̯̟̯͔͔̰̤̲̱̻̮̺̤͚͍̋͑̊͒̊ͤ͋̽̈̆̌ͭ̉ͪ̾͢.

You are not used to death.

That much, Soundwave could tell from your episode earlier with the recently released wild animal; on how much you've shed tears for something that wouldn't even bat an eye on you if your positions were to be switched. You were too merciful for your own good. Invulnerable, yet at the same time, unbelievably fragile.

Another contrast between you and the cybertronian.

The mech was so, so used to death, that at some point, he temporarily forgot he killed beings with consciences-- bots who once had lives before the Great War; before vorns of violence. He grew unfazed with each puddle of energon he spilled, validating his own actions for the infamous cause.

The Decepticon cause: Soundwave's only motivation in his onlining; his only purpose. The reason why he is often so restless to ensure the Decepticons' victory. The cause that stemmed out from Megatronus' speech from the day it all began: Declaration Day; the official date of the beginning of the Great War.

While many cybertronians remember that event with immense dread, some viewed it differently. Megatron saw it as a substantial start for his legacy to lead his followers to the age of equality, Starscream saw the opportunity to gain power, Shockwave was granted the convenience of ignoring experiment ethics in midst of all the chaos, and Soundwave? He felt... liberated; finally unchained from the caste system that he no longer needs to endure along with his fellow Decepticon followers--the low castes.

At what cost? Countless lives-- both allies and enemies, alike. And eventually, their planet perished along with their fallen soldiers.

However, the Decepticon members merely fought back from the oppression they've received for eons, just because of how they were formed. They didn't want this, but the cybertronians who forced them to act asked for it. It was about time did the low castes do something about the unfair treatment.

Hence, Soundwave knows he's on the right side of the war. That's why he didn't hesitate on showing his processor's memory of what exactly happened on Declaration Day when you asked regarding what their cause was all about; no censors, no filters, no manipulation. Just the truth. He was confident that his loyalty resides within a just cause. However, he cannot be sure if a mere human like you would understand the purpose of it all.

The Decepticons defied the laws of their land; going against their own government because they believed that their laws were wrong. As a member of society, they were obliged to rid of it. It should've been simple: protest and they'll change. But they didn't listen. They never did; for, a low caste's words have no value just as they have no worth in their society. The higher castes were just too ignorant. Apathetic. Prejudiced.

The low castes tried breaking the law. But sometimes, breaking the law just wasn't enough. So, they made a compromise and chose to break the lawmakers, instead, thinking that it was perhaps necessary. The old senate has been murdered, and the the Decepticons took credit. Terrorists, the outsiders called them. Despite this, there was no reason to believe that a moment of violence would lead to a lifetime of it. The government—no, the Autobots chose to turn it into a lifetime of war.