Chapter 14

Agent William Fowler is a man of experience.

With his line of work, he ought to be.

Earlier, he just so happened to have passed by the facility that was once named Area 51 when heading towards the Autobot base. It was by chance, and he didn't expect he'd catch a glimpse of the Decepticons doing their thing outside of his patrol hours. He was just fortunate enough that none of them noticed him, as they were about to exit the scene via spacebridge.

When he saw the group of vehicons scouting around government property, it was his protocol to report it to his superiors. His main outline was that the Decepticons raided one of their abandoned laboratories to retrieve their own corpses-specifically, the butchered foot soldiers. Admittedly, Fowler saw the activity rather insignificant due to the facility only containing research for human advancements with the use of cybertronian technology; human-evolution is a useless study to such an advanced specie.

But knowing the enemy, that insignificant factor could be of huge importance, and may just be their trump card in this subtle war. The Cons know what they're doing, especially that he was ninety percent sure that he saw their Third-in-Command present during the confiscation. The agent knew better than to underestimate the mechanical beings that would not waste time and resources to bring Earth and its inhabitants to its knees. At least, so far based on human-decepticon confrontations.

Still, questions have to be asked: how did they find out about that branch when not even the Autobots were aware of its existence? He was pretty sure that Area X's files were deleted throughout all computer mainframes as precaution. The only records of it left were in the good ol' fashioned papers secured deep within the Intelligence Division's establishment. As far as he's concerned, it wasn't broken in by the Cons or by anyone for that matter.

Other than that, what use are dead vehicons to them, when he knows that the enemy is not one for sentimentalities? Maybe it's safe to say that they weren't after the offlined drones in the first place. Perhaps there was something else that Area X has that the Decepticons took interest in. After all, the facility went rogue and had undisclosed studies; it wouldn't be surprising if they kept something from the government that would be of value. A new discovery? A prohibited study? A dangerous invention? It could be anything.

In the end, William concluded that as long as the Decepticons are involved, nothing is considered insignificant.

As soon as he reported what he saw to his higher-ups, he knew that they would instruct him to keep this quiet from the Bots, and honestly, he was hoping for that. Don't get him wrong, the agent trusts his mechanical charges as much as they trust him; no doubt about that. After all, they've saved his life countless of times. However, maybe it's because of his respect towards them the reason why he doesn't want to see their reactions at the thought that there's a possibility that their human allies could be like MECH.

Agent Fowler isn't going to lie. What Area X did may be far a lot worse than what MECH did. Downright horrific.

Inhumane.

And the government was affiliated with them.

Back then, when he grew suspicious of Area X during a surprise inspection, he knew an immediate investigation had to be in order as soon as he exited that place.

He doesn't exactly know the details of what occurred in the lab-- what experiments were held. Even so, as soon as he discreetly saw excessive amounts of blood stains that they failed to hide, he just knew human bodies were involved, and not in the ideal way. Area 51 was supposed to invent things to help mankind with the use of cybertronian tech-- prosthetic limbs, nano-bots, medicine; mutilation is not part of it.