Chapter 10

Nate and (Y/N) keep Cassie between them, the handguns they hold not wavering. The men surrounding them kept the circle closed, no way of a quick getaway if things got hairy.

"Nate... this is usually the part where we fight our way out." (Y/N) whispers, the two moving around clockwise.

"I'm not risking it. Not with Cassie." Nate mutters back and (Y/N) nods.

The pair contemplate their actions, whilst Cassie gripped onto her parents, never once being in a situation like this.

"Look, we don't want any trouble." (Y/N) begins.

"Then you'll drop your weapons." A man orders.

Nate grips tighter on the gun and his wife sighs, lowering hers and throwing it to the floor.

"Sweetie, what are you doing?"

"Nate, we're not getting out of this. Not with all three of us alive." She tells him and he groans in annoyance, knowing she was right. Throwing down his gun, he forces a smile. "There you go, asshole."

Cassie pulls on his arm, not wanting to anger the agents further.

"The boss is gonna be pleased we got you. Especially you, gorgeous." One of them yells pointing at (Y/N), a smirk on his face.

"Honey, I'm about to wipe that smirk off your face." (Y/N) threatens, but Nate pulls her back.

"I wouldn't be so sure." A voice sounds and this times it's Nate who has to be pulled back.

Jax pushes his way through the group, smiling at the three. "Now, what do we have here? Nate, it's been a while." He chuckles, patting him on the shoulder.

"And this must be Cassandra." Jax turns to their daughter and both parents step in front. "I don't think so." (Y/N) hisses.

Jax chuckles, placing a hand on her cheek and keeping a tight grip so she can't pull away. "Did you already forget our chat?"

"What chat?" Nate asks as she grabs Jax's arm, twisting it. All safety on guns are now off but Jax holds up a hand to stop them shooting her.

"Tut tut, (Y/N). Not telling your husband about our little chat we had."

"Nate, it was nothing. This bastard was just telling me to stay away from Atlantis."

"So he threatened you?" Nate asks, making (Y/N) let go of him and turn to her love. "Are we seriously doing this now?" She asks through gritted teeth.

Jax laughs, clapping his hands together. "I'm surprised you two lasted this long."

At this comment, both go for him, but Cassie grabs their arms, rolling her eyes. "Guys, c'mon."

"Okay, I've had enough. Take them." Jax orders, a man grabbing each of the three.

The family are dragged along by the agents, Nate and (Y/N) still bickering over her conversation with Jax.

"Mom, dad, I understand this isn't your first time being kidnapped, but it is mine." Cassie shouts over their arguing.

"He's not kidnapping us, he's just making sure we don't go after the treasure." Nate replies, shrugging.

"Cass, we'll be fine." (Y/N) promises, wriggling in the grip of the agent.

Jax leads them, just away from the docks, but still on the coast. The group end up on a boat, swaying gently on the waves.

"Excuse me, but the last time someone took me to a boat, it didn't end well!" (Y/N) calls to Jax.

Being pushed into a room, she's sat down on a chair, but frowns at only seeing one. "Wait." She starts, standing quickly back up.

Jax waves a hand for the rest of them to leave and Nate puts up a fight, earning a hit from the butt of the gun.

"Nate!" (Y/N) yells, running towards him, but Jax grabs her, picking her up and moving in the middle of the room.

The door slams behind them and she can hear the shouts of Cassie and Nate, listening as they fade away.

"Put me down you jackass! Put me down!" She shouts, hitting him.

Throwing her to the ground, he runs a hand through his hair, a few strands falling out and he straightens his tie.

"I didn't want to have to do this, (Y/N). But you..." He points at her, chuckling. "You really test my patience."

"Now I told you to stay away." Jax tells her, sitting down on the chair.

"Please, we all know I don't listen to assholes." She mutters, leaning against the wall. Jax leans his head on his hand, tilting to examine her.

"Where are you taking Nate and Cassie?" She asks.

"They're going to a different room. I wanted one for you, alone. So we can talk." He replies.

"Jax, it's been years. I haven't seen you in over twenty years. This is pathetic." (Y/N) says.

"Now, now. Who came running back when that scumbag Nate slept with that Chloe?" Jax asks, getting off the chair.

"I was upset and if I remember clearly, had a couple of drinks." She grumbles, wanting to forget anything to do with him.

Jax crouches down in front of her and she smiles. "Besides the only scumbag is you."

"That attitude of yours is why we never worked." He mutters, grabbing her jaw and tilting her head.

"No, no, I think my asshole of a boyfriend who hit me was why we never worked." She spits out.

"Someone's going to have to teach that pretty face a little lesson."

The door opens and in enters a thug, his knuckles already bruised and he clicks his neck, making (Y/N) press into the wall.

"Too scared to get your own hands dirty?" She asks Jax.

He chuckles, shaking his head and without warning, pulls his hand back and slapping her with so much force, blood trickles from her nose. Placing a hand to the warm ooze of blood making its way down her face, she wipes it away.

"I've taken worse." Is all she says at the sight.

"So I've heard." He pouts. "Did someone get a little bit close to a grenade?" He pulls her top up, his cold fingers pressing against her scars and she breathes in.

Jax stands, straightening his waistcoat and clearing his throat. She hastily pulls the fabric back down, covering her arms over herself.

"Don't hold back." He tells the thug, turning back to (Y/N). "And don't miss me too much." He says, smirking and exiting the room, shutting the door behind him.