Blood Stained Basement

"Can't find anything in this dark!" Clementine panicked, flailing her arms in frustration.
"What about-"
"Yes! Flashlight, that'll help." Clementine interrupted your train of thought, looking across to the twitching light past the shelves.
"I'll go," you suggest, Clementine turns to you and you shrug, "I came to help, so I will. Plus I have my knife on me, I'll be fine."
"Shit, I forgot mine."
"More reason for me to go, you have AJ."
"You have Louis."

You pause in your tracks, and turn back to Clementine, it was hard to see her in the dark but you could make out a faint smile. She was right, you had Louis. The thought of not being able to see him again? It filled you with determination, nothing was going to take him from you.

"We should both go, have each other's back." Clementine offered, noticing your moment of hesitation, you nod, both of you creeping down and following the dim light of the torch. All you could hear was the distant drip of water, leaking from the ceiling, it reminded you of the storm outside. The thunder rumbled and the gusts of wind thrashed down, muffled by the walls surrounding you both. You could hear the scurrying of a mouse nearby, the small thump of each step Clementine took. Brody was slowly turning, you could hear the cackling as she resisted the infection, the sound of her coughing and retching echoed, finalising into the moans of a walker. You quivered in fear.
Peering around the shelf you see the boiler, a pool of blood dried on the ground next to it, with drag marks that wondered into footsteps; Brody's corpse is on the move.
You swallow the lump in your throat, Clementine taps your shoulder and you look at her, she nods and smiles, urging for you to continue the mission.

Slowly you both turn around to see the torch had rolled past the other shelves, hurriedly you go to pick it up and Clementine follows.

"Nice, now what can we use?" Clementine mumbles, you hand her the flashlight as she scans the area, noticing something on the shelf and swiping it, "got it, lets go."

"After you." You say and she retraces your steps.

"AH!" Clementine exclaims, you look as the gurgles of walker Brody haunt you, she had pounced onto Clementine, who was defenceless, and now they fought. Struggling to free herself you shove the walker, the grip on Clementine is lost and it tumbled to the ground, failing to pick itself back up. Clementine grabbed the metal shelf before you and you both jerk it down, trapping Brody.

"Go through this gap!" Clementine orders as she crawls through the bottom layer of the accompanying shelf, Brody worms and wriggles under the barricade, trying to reach for you and Clem. After Clementine squeezes through the gap it's your turn to follow behind, but Brody catches your leg.

"Help!" You cry and you can feel yourself being pulled back, fear takes over and you attempt to kick Brody's head in, but it's no use, you're on such an awkward angle you can't turn around without the threat of her bringing you closer to bite you. Clementine frantically grabs your arms, forcing you out the gap and out the grip of the undead, "thank you—"

"We don't have time for that!" Clementine ushers, running ahead. You follow her to the door, she begins edging the ruler between the gap and fumbling with the latch, dropping the ruler once but you quickly pass it back to her, waiting behind in anticipation.

"I— I got it!" Clementine shouts and she bursts through now open doors, running outside, you follow close behind.

A bolt of lightning struck across the sky, so did Brody. As you heard another crack of thunder you could hear a faint snarl in your ear, before you had time to react a pair of lifeless arms snake around your shoulders and brings you in, missing the steps and it sends you both rolling back down.

"Fuck!"

Thump

You flutter your eyes open, and see nothing but black. The only source of light is coming from the outside, also black. As your vision fades back you turn your head and see the moist stairs, as rain crashed down, shifting with the wind. The thunder growls. You reach to your head and can feel blood trickling down, moving on your tummy you begin to crawl, but the moans of the walker bring you back to reality.
Quickly you turn on your back and reach down to your waist to get your knife, but it's not there, you scan the area for it and spy it resting on the floor nearby, split in half, the blade disconnected from the handle. It's useless, and too late to reach for it as the deadhead rests on top of you, straddling, gnawing it's jaw on the air as it lunges at you trying to get a taste.

A yellow glow falls upon the figure and the rotten flesh of Brody is illuminated, her eyes are soulless and her skin is sickly pale. The blood on her face drips all over you, her body warmer, her jeans... God, she died a mess. Clementine boots her off you, which didn't stop her from scrambling back up. Speedily you pick yourself up and kick her leg, sending her to her knees. Clementine punches her with the torch, Brody's head crashing against the ground. You start violently kicking her head, each time you do so you're sprayed by blood or brains, probably both. Clementine stands there watching you, and you turn around, thinking it's over. The walker shifts and lazily stands up, shuffling toward you. You reluctantly turn around, and it lunges. With no time to react you push it away by the head, feeling the organ once inside the skull. Clementine hits the weak spot on the skull a final time, the body finally goes limp. Brody's torment came to a end. You're both stood there, smothered in brains. Showered by blood. Surrounded by sudden loss.

"Are you okay?" Clementine worries, you take a shaky breath but nod anyways.

"Where is she!"

You and Clementine look to each other and both jog up the stairs, everyone is gathered outside, AJ is pointing a gun at Marlon.

"AJ, put the gun down!" Louis tries to comfort AJ, but the little boy stepped further from the crowd and to Marlon, who was in the middle of it all.

"Get this fucking psycho away from me!" Marlon pleads.
"Where is she?!" AJ approaches Marlon and he backs away, his arms up.
"She's... she's in the basement. With y/n... we saw them murder Brody!"