Chapter Fourteen ~ It's you pt. 2

M I N Y O U N G S
POV

"Hey Haechan" I greet him back as I settle in, taking my bag and wind breaker off.

    "We saw you guys outside, so cute!" Jiyeon exclaims before she sips on her water as she smiles at me.

    "Thanks" Jaemin says, taking a sip of his own drink.

    "When did you guys get together?" Jiyeon asks, feigning interest in our 'relationship' though I can tell she just wants to secure anything with Haechan.

    I mean it's what I would do if I were her.

    "We're not officially together" Jaemin says, looking at me "working on it though" he turns to look at Haechan who looks as if he's ready to punch Jaemin. I look away out the window awkwardly.

    "Oh really, I guess you could that's the same with Haechan and I" she grabs onto his arm and leans her head onto his shoulder.

    "Not really no" Haechan says, my eyes widen in surprise. He really just ended her.

  She looks at him as if he just ran over her dog, "really- I can't believe you. You text me to hang out today to do this?! I can't believe I ever liked you"

    She gets up in fury, picking up her cup and throwing the contents on him before leaving in a rush. I watch as she runs down the side walk, tears filling her eyes.

    My mouth drops in shock, "are you okay?" I ask Haechan.

    He doesn't spare me a glance as he gets up, grabbing his stuff and leaving— heading the opposite direction as Jiyeon.

    "Well... that didn't go to plan" Jaemin says, he's looking at the door of which they just ran through.

    "And what exactly was the plan?" I ask, thinking about Haechan.

    "Uhh I'm not really sure but that definitely wasn't it" he chuckles, rubbing the back of his neck.

    "I'm assuming you want to go talk to Haechan right now?" He asks, getting up so I could slip out of the booth.

    "You know me so well, I owe you one for the smoothie" I throw over my shoulder as I run after Haechan.

    I spot him at the end of the sidewalk, waiting for the light to allow him to pass so he can continue his angry walk home..

    "Haechan!" I call out as I run after him. He turns around, a more peaceful look on his face. A small hint of a smile.

    I reach him, catching my breath. "You came after me" He tries to hide his smile but fails to conceal it.

    "You sound like a love struck school girl" I chuckle, remembering a part that from a k-drama that sounded exactly like that.

    "I feel like it" he says, "but why me? Why aren't you with Jaemin?" He asks, he looks down at my shoes before shaking his head and kneeling down.

    My heart skips a beat when I realize he's tying my shoe— delicately — he finishes and returns to full height. Somehow he got closer to me, our bodies almost touching.

    His eyes pierce mine, seemingly looking right through me and into my soul. I always thought that was cliche and something like that wouldn't actually happen but here we are.

    A moment passes and we're still staring into each other's eyes, his honey brown eyes searching my hazel eyes.

    "... you didn't answer the question" he whispers, glancing down at my lips — my own looking at his lips as well.

    Am I gonna confess? My heart beat quickens and my palms start to get sweaty.

    "Why would I stay with Jaemin? He isn't the one I like... it's you" I say, observing him for his reaction.

    His eyes widen and his breath hitches, "really?" He asks in disbelief.

    "Will this prove it?" I ask, standing on my tip toes and placing a soft and gentle peck to his smooth cheek.

    I step back and observe Haechans face that was getting increasingly red as he stares at the ground.

    Haechans hand immediately flies up to his cheek, touching the spot my lips were mere seconds ago.

    He giggles and turns away from me, "I didn't know you liked me Minyoungie"

    "I didn't know you were such a school girl" I roll my eyes, however I had a big smile on my face. He stands there swaying for about 3 minutes.

    How come he hasn't addressed it? Does he like me back? Did I just screw up? The doubt starts to eat me as I turn and walk away — My head down.

    I hear loud footsteps behind me and I flinch and turn back around. Haechans arms encircle my waist and he's looking deeply into my eyes. My heart is beating faster now than I think it ever had.

    I'm about to ask him what he's doing when he presses his surprisingly soft lips to mine. I'm taken aback but kiss him back, my hands cradle his jaw.

    We pull apart and he's got the biggest smile on his face and a twinkle in his eyes. "I like you too" he says happily.

    A smile breaks through on my face and I try to hide it, "no, I wanna see your face and imprint this into my memory" Haechan whispers.

    I look up at him with wide eyes, who knew he would be so romantic?

    "We have to go study" I mutter, smiling up at him.

    "Oh right we haven't done that lately have we?" He says, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the bus stop. As if by magic, a bus comes soon after; stopping so we could get on.

   Haechans fingers are still intertwined with mine as we got on the bus, taking a seat without a care in the world.

    We spot two empty seats and sit down, Haechan immediately resting his head on my shoulder— a soft smile on his face.

    The smiles on our faces only growing bigger when we look at each other.