Chapter Twenty Three ~ Into The Future

M I N Y O U N G
THREE YEARS LATER...

"No oppa I can't visit, I've got a shoot that I have to go to soon. And you know I don't want to see him" I mutter into the phone as I try to keep my conversation private in a room with stylists.

    It has been a full three years since that trip. Bitter sweet memories fill my mind as I think about it.

    My nose becomes prickly as I think about it, warning of tears that would soon come. I shake my head, trying to get the image of my favourite moments out of my head.

    I didn't think anything that happened would've happened back then.

    The months after the trip were great, I spent a lot of time with Haechan. As someone would usually do with their significant other. I graduated and moved to Canada to attend that school of performing arts, which I excelled at.

    I got scouted by an acting agency and have been working here for two years, sadly my contract is ending today so my brother wants me to visit him.

    The first month of a long distance relationship was surprisingly good for him and I, we FaceTimed every night for a while, but at some point things just changed.

    He used to text me a lot it felt like every 5 minutes he'd text me, then he would text me a couple times a day, and then once a day and finally he stopped talking to me all together.

    I think that was his way of breaking up with me. Since I never heard from him since, it has been a year and a half since the last time we talked.

    Oddly enough after 3 years I'm always still waiting for a text or at least something from him. But.. nothing.

    Then I found out from Jaemin one night— I was balling my eyes out over Haechan and Jaemin called me. He told me that they were actually training to become idols and that Haechan couldn't contact me because of that.

    But Jaemin still would continue to contact me, we even hung out sometimes when I visited from Canada. So why can't Haechan do that? Why couldn't he make the effort? I'd send him a couple of texts a day reminding him to eat and that I love him.

    So much that if you looked at our conversation history it would look like I was a crazy person texting a disconnected number.

    Then after a while I stopped sending those messages too, and I ended up blocking his number.

    I've been doing pretty good though, I moved back to South Korea from Canada recently after my contract ended. I also didn't just do dance, like I said I was scouted by an acting agency and that kinda took off as well.

    However I didn't want to stay in Canada because I missed my family and I wanted to see Jaemin again.

    "I know, I know. What he did was unacceptable and I let him know that every once in a while" my brother says, I can hear some music playing in the background.

    My brother had successfully debuted into a group called NCT. Along with 17 other guys as well. I know most of them, the nct dream unit I know the most. Now he's preparing for a new debut with SuperM.

    "Minyoung-ssi?" I turn to look at one of the staff at the door to the dressing room. "The cameras are ready for you"

    I nod and bow respectively to her, "I'll be right there unnie"

    "Sorry Ten oppa I have to go, maybe you could join Jaemin and I for lunch tomorrow?" I suggest.

    I hang up and follow the staff member to the set, I look at the body length mirror at my outfit; they gave me the most minimal clothes they could.