1:「 5 years later 」

Today was the first day of school at the nation's most prestigious academy: UA. Walking through the entrance gate was nerve-racking, and filled many students with anticipation, even for Carine Minazuki, who scored the highest on the entrance exam. Luckily, her best friend, Ruka Sakino, would be beside her in high school. Well, sort of.

"It really sucks that we're in two different classes," Ruka sighed as they walked into the building. Her violet locks of hair were kept in the usual curly, loose twin braids. "It would have been so much better if you were in class 1-B with me. I could use some pointers on becoming a hero."

"You're acting like you didn't score 3rd place on the entrance exam," Carine said with a small smile.

"Well, the competition here is going to be intense! I mean, this is UA we're talking about! Just think of all the powerful students we'll face!" Ruka's amethyst eyes sparkled with excitement. "Oh, and speaking of the entrance exam! You got first place right?" Ruka asked Carine.

"Actually, I tied with someone," Carine responded.

"What!? Tied at first place? With who!?" Ruka was intrigued.

Carine looked up, contemplating. "Now that you mention it, I can't fully remember the name. Something with a Ka...?" She tried hard to remember the name that appeared beside hers when the results were released, but it was no use.

"I'm sure you'll figure out who it was pretty soon," Ruka said.

Both of them halted when the hallways eventually split into two different directions. "I guess this is where we go our separate ways," Carine looked at Ruka with a wavering smile. The thought that they weren't going to be in the same class was saddening, because they were always together in middle school. 

"Don't worry! We'll both make new friends and become much stronger. Maybe we'll get to challenge each other soon and see how far we've come!" Ruka reassured. Carine accepted her challenge with a nod. 

Ruka waved Carine goodbye and both of them walked in opposite directions, setting themselves up for a completely new experience. Carine skimmed the hallway until she found the door with a plaque labelled 1A. This was it. With a deep breath, she turned the knob and opened the door to her next 4 years.

The center of attention awaiting on the other side of the door were two boys, engaged in a full-on argument. One of them was lounging on a chair with both of his feet resting on the desk. The other was a bespectacled individual with dark hair, who seemed to be reprimanding the unruly one. 

"Remove your feet from the desk! Your behavior is insulting to the school and to those who manufactured these products!" the bespectacled one berated. 

"Like I care! What middle school are you even from, you extra!?" the blonde one shouted back. Carine sat down across from them, hoping to drown out the noise; although she still found herself listening to their relentless bickering, amused.

Little did she know that on other side of the room, she had already gotten the attention of 2 other students.

One of them was a green haired Izuku Midoriya, who had walked in a few minutes before Carine. He had been greeted by a dignified individual with glasses, who introduced himself as Tenya Iida. Iida then went back to his quarrel with an impudent blonde, who Midoriya knew all too well. 

However, Midoriya began having a conversation with a round faced brunette, or at least trying to, because he couldn't manage to get a coherent word out without turning completely red in the face. He learned that her name was Ochaco Uraraka. 

The conversation halted when a certain girl opened the door. Both Midoriya and Uraraka turned to look at her with wide eyes as they took in her features: from the long blue hair that cascaded down her back, to the icy blue eyes that were as lovely as they were alluring.

"Who's that?" Midoriya asked the question that both he and Uraraka were wondering. Fortunately, Iida had overheard, and left the blonde to to answer the question, who seemed even more aggravated than before when he laid his eyes on his eternal rival, Izuku Midoriya. 

Walking over to the pair, Iida adjusted the bridge of his glasses and spoke: "That is Minazuki Carine. She is one of the daughters of a prestigious family of heroes. Their reputation had dwindled down massively, however, after that incident over 5 years ago, which left a permanent stain on their name."

"Wow," Uraraka said, astonished. "She's beautiful."

"Indeed she is, but I advise you to not let her beauty be a distraction. She came in first place for the entrance exam," Iida stated. "First place!?" both Uraraka and Midoriya repeated.

Those two words immediately caught the attention of the blonde haired boy who argued with Iida earlier. His name also appeared in first place. He remembered it clearly: bold green letters reading Katsuki Bakugo; of course, he wasn't expecting any less. He was not expecting, however, for there to be a name beside his, tied for 1st place. 

He turned his head to look at the girl sitting a few seats diagonally ahead. The thought that someone here could possibly match his strength filled him with rage. He watched her as she skimmed the room. 

In seconds her gaze locked onto his, and his crimson eyes stared daggers into her frozen blue ones.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

✧✧ Heya there! ✧✧

1. So the main thing I wanted to address is that Ruka and Rukiya are two different characters!! One of my biggest worries was that they would get mixed up ;( Ruka is Carine's best friend, while Rukiya is the older sister mentioned in the epilogue