9:「 Antipathy 」

Classes were canceled the next day, but the day after that, the students were in school waiting for homeroom to start. The door opened casually, and a bandage covered Aizawa wobbled into the classroom. 

"Morning," he greeted, which caused a wave of disruption among the students.

"You're back already, Aizawa-sensei!?"

Aizawa's body shook as he stood against the podium. "My welfare isn't important, because your fight is far from over. U.A's sports festival is approaching!" Sensei's eyes shone behind the bandages.

 "There will be about five times the security this year. Anyhow, our Sports Festival is...the greatest opportunity you'll get. It's one of this country's biggest events! You'll gain valuable experience and popularity if you're picked up by a big name hero. Show the pros what you're made of here, and you'll make futures for yourselves. This happens once a year...so you've got three chances. Don't miss it."

When class was dismissed, the students were surprised to find that there were a crowd of other students around their classroom. 

"What's going on!?" Uraraka shouted. Carine found that it was near impossible to walk out, as the entrance was almost completely blocked. 

"There's no way out! What are they here for?" a short purple haired boy asked. 

"Scoping out the competition, duh. Cause we're the one's who survived the villain attack. It makes sense that they'd want to see who they're up against," Bakugo walked past Carine and the others. 

"Now move aside, extras!" he said to the mass of students surrounding him, earning expressions of both shock and contempt from students. 

"It's true, but I'm sad to come here just to find a bunch of egomaniacs," a guy with indigo hair with bags under his eyes pushed himself to the front of the crowd. 

"I wanted to be in the hero course, but was put into general studies instead. Depending on the results of the sports festival, the teachers can decide to transfer students like me to the hero course. However, the reverse is also possible," he explained. "Scoping the competition, this will be a perfect opportunity to knock you off your pedestals. Consider this a declaration of war."

"Hey! I'm from class 1B! Heard you guys fought some villains and wanted to find out more, but all I'm seeing is this arrogant bastard!" another student with gray hair and thick pale eyelashes spoke out. "You better not make fools of the hero course at the festival!" he yelled. 

Standing next to Deku, Iida, and Uraraka, Carine looked over to Bakugo, who was now shoving his way past the crowd. 

"Wait, you jerk! Thanks to you, now we've got a whole bunch of haters now!" Kirishima yelled at him. "I don't give a rat's ass," Bakugo looked over his shoulder. Now, the class was earning even more whispers of resentment from the crowd. 

"I'm heading for the top. Why should I care?" Bakugo's eyes looked back to the mass of students. Carine recalled the day were she hid behind the pillars, when Bakugo said that he would surpass both Deku and All Might.

While all the other students burst in excitement over the festival, Carine shook with anticipation. Everyone would be watching this, including her sister Akari. She needed to train...harder than ever before, and she did. 

With her sister Akiza's help, Carine spent the next two weeks in vigorous training. She exercised not only her body, but also her mind. Akiza explained how the festival's rounds worked, and Carine laid out the best strategies against each of her peers, despite not knowing which challenges she would ultimately face.