8: 「 Criminals and Chaos 」

The following day, the students were thrilled to begin another hero exercise. Aizawa had picked a remote training site, so they would have to get there by bus. Carine had, unfortunately, gotten the front seat at the very right. Sitting next to her was Kirishima, with Deku and Asui on the left. Facing them were another group of students.

She tried her best to face forward, because Bakugo was on the other side. She felt his eyes on her, which made her uneasy, especially after what she had said to him the other day.

"I generally say what's on my mind, Midoriya," Asui said out of the blue.

"Oh?! What is it, Asui?" Deku replied nervously.

"Call me Tsuyu, and your quirk resembles All Might's," she blurted out. Deku's face turned pale as he tried to refute the statement.

"Hold up, Tsuyu. All Might doesn't get hurt, though," Kirishima said. "They're already different in that way, but that sort of quirk is awesome! You can do a lot of cool stuff with it. It's not like my hardening. I'm good in a fight, but it's real boring."

"I think that's pretty cool, though. Your quirk's strong enough if you want to go pro!" Deku looked in awe of Kirishima's quirk demonstration.

"You want to talk strong and cool? That'd be Bakugou, Minazuki, and Todoroki," Kirishima praised.

After hearing her name, Carine turned away. She knew she was strong, but for her, it was never strong enough. True strength was what her sister had. If her classmates had to compare Carine with Akari, Carine felt that they would surely laugh at her.

She impulsively raised her eyes, right into Bakugo's stare. He didn't do so much as to even flinch.

"But Bakugo's always angry, so he'll never be popular," Tsuyu retorted.

Bakugo tore his eyes away from Carine's in a frenzy. "WHAT DID YOU SAY, FROG FACE!? I''LL KICK YOUR ASS!"

"We kinda just met you, and we already know your personality's flaming crap mixed with garbage," Kaminari casually commented.

"YOU'RE GOING TO REGRET THE DAY YOU APPLIED TO THIS SCHOOL, YOU LOSER!"

"Quiet down everybody! We're already here," Iida interrupted Bakugo's verbal rampage. The students gasped in awe when they stepped onto the training site.

"On this site is every disaster and accident you can imagine," an individual with a white space suit appeared. "I call it the Unforeseen Stimulation Joint."

"It's the space hero, Thirteen!" Deku exclaimed.

"My quirk is called black hole. It can suck and tear anything apart. However, my power can easily kill. I'm sure there are some of you with similar abilities," Thirteen explained. "You will learn how to use your quirks to save lives. Your powers are not meant to inflict harm. I hope you leave here with the understanding that you're meant to help people." The students gave a round of applause as Thirteen ended his speech.

Near the fountain, however, Aizawa noticed a swirl of black appearing amidst the air. "Huddle up and don't move!" he ordered the students. The swirl grew big enough to become an entrance for an enigmatic group of individuals.

"Thirteen, protect the students!"

Swarms of people came out of the portal one by one. "What the heck is that? More battle robots? Like the entrance exam?" one of the students asked.

"Don't move! Those are...villains!" Aizawa covered his eyes with the yellow goggles that were on his head.

"Thirteen and Eraserhead, huh?" one of the villains spoke. "According to the schedule I received the other day, All Might was supposed to be here. Where is he? We've come all this way...I guess some dead kids will bring him here."