17:「 Aftershock 」

Both Carine and Ruka were sent to Recovery Girl, where she healed their cuts and bruises.

Carine had fallen asleep out of pure exhaustion, but some time later, she was woken up by a sudden clamor.

"You've finally come about, I see."

Carine looked up to see Recovery Girl smiling at her from her seat.

"The other girl left a while ago. It's a good thing you allowed your body to have a little rest. Pushing yourself too much can lead to dangerous consequences, both in body and mind."

Carine thanked Recovery Girl for taking care of her and opened the door into the hallway.

Just as she was walking, however, Uraraka and Tsuyu ran up to her.

"Minazuki! Where have you been!?" Uraraka exclaimed with her hands on her rosy cheeks.

"I rested a bit in Recovery Girl's office," Carine replied back to the visibly flustered brunette.

"Why? What's happened so far?" Carine eagerly asked.

"Todoroki was beaten!" Uraraka replied frantically.

"Todoroki..." Carine tried to process what she had just been told.

"Todoroki lost to a guy in Class 1-B. He was pretty strong, but now that I look back at it, it didn't seem like Todoroki was really trying," Tsuyu explained with a finger on her chin. "There were a few matches in between but they were quick."

Uraraka grabbed a hold of Carine's hand. "Minazuki! But in the last match, the class 1-B guy was defeated by Bakugo!" she shouted.

"What? Have I really missed that much?" Carine asked in disbelief.

Tsuyu nodded in response. "You came around just in time though. The last match was the end of the second round. Right now it's recreation time. The final round's set to start in 20 minutes."

"So who's fighting against each other in the last round then?" Carine asked. In the time that she was asleep, she had missed the rest of the matches of the second round.

Tsuyu and Uraraka shared a look with one another.

"Rather than us tell you..." Tsuyu trailed off.

"You should look and see for yourself," Uraraka finished the sentence.

The three of them walked towards the exit. Carine had made it to the third and final round when she won against Ruka, and from what Tsuyu and Uraraka had mentioned, Bakugo won the last match of the second round.

Carine widened her eyes when she realized what that would mean for the final round.

Walking into the grounds, she glanced up at the screen.

Sure enough, the two competitors of the final round were listed for all to see:

Bakugo vs Minazuki.

---------------------------------------------

✧✧ Quick Author's Notes ✧✧

- I apologize for how short this chapter was,,,,,, the next one will make up for it I promise

- LORD I was having so much trouble with the entire match lineup bc it just wouldn't make sense! This was the reason why I had to add a few OC's and partly why I had Carine sleep through the rest of the second round.

- BUT the big thing to remember here is that, the fight between Bakugo and Todoroki didn't happen!!!