Chapter 8

Veronica's POV

Similar to last year's party, it was crowded with several people drinking booze, dancing, and dry-humping. The Plastics were dressed as "sexy" versions of animals. Karen was a mouse, Gretchen was a cat, and Regina was a playboy bunny, of all things. Cady was a no-show. I wondered if she was late or decided not to come (or if the note had anything to do with it.). Several people admired our Sailor Senshi outfits. We were the only ones dressed like that, so it's no surprise that we were the center of attention.

"Good thing Martha isn't here." I thought.

Ram stood up on a table. "LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED!"

"Dad says "Act your age." You heard it man, it's time to rage!"

Everyone started cheering. 

"Blast the bass, turn out the light! Ain't nobody home tonight!"

"Drink, smoke, it's all cool. Let's get naked in my pool!"

"Punch the wall and start a fight! Ain't nobody home tonight!"

Kurt joined in. "His folks got a waterbed! Come upstairs and rest your head!"

"Let's rub each other's backs, while watching porn on Cinemax!"

"The folks are gone, it's time for big fun! Big fun!"
"We're up till dawn, having some big fun! Big fun!"

"When mom and dad forget to lock the liquor cabinet, it's big fun! Big fun!"

"So, it's salt then shot then lime. Very important to get the order right." Heather Mac reminded me. I did as told. "Oooh! You're a natural, just like my mom!"

I told JD I had a higher tolerance for alcohol now, but I still got a little drunk. Just not to the point where I have to vomit.

"Veronica, right?" Aaron came up to me. "You're looking good tonight!"

"Whoa. A hot guy smiled at me, without a trace of mockery!"

"Everyone's high as a kite, ain't nobody home tonight!"

"Stoned. Zoned. I should quit... Hey, is that weed? I want a hit!"

"Fill that joint and roll it tight, ain't nobody home tonight!"

"Dreams are coming true, when people laugh but not at you!"
"I'm not alone! I'm not afraid! I feel like Bono at Live Aid!"

"The party's hot, hot, hot, it's time for big fun! Big fun!"

Ram jumped in front of me. "You need a jello shot!"

"We're having big fun! Big fun!"
"So let the speakers blow, now buy another stereo!"
"Our folks got no clue 'bout all the shit their children do!"
"Why are they surprised whenever we're unsupervised?"
"It's big fun! Big fun!"
"Big fun! Big fun! Big fun! WHOO!"

While everyone else was busy drinking and dancing, I finally saw Cady entering the house... wearing a bloodstained wedding dress. Somebody didn't get the memo on wearing something sexy. Once she entered, everyone turned to stare at her outfit. She avoided eye contact with anyone, and people started laughing. I spotted Regina silently shaking her head from the other side of the room. 

Suddenly, Gretchen leaned over to her and told her something I couldn't hear. Regina smiled and walked to the center, and started singing. It was a bit confusing since she literally decided to sing without any prior notice, but it all made sense when Aaron was pushed to the front beside Regina and the song became a duet. At the end of said duet, they began making out.