minhos back

sophia's POV:

I wasn't sure what to do now so I went back to bed for a little bit. then I was awoken by newt who screamed

"how was your first night grennie?"

"good thanks"

"how is Minho?" he smirked as my face turned red

"well we didn't even talk we just kind of put our backs to each other." I lied as i got up

"okay Sophia we have a lot to do, first we're going to go get some breakfast and then we got to find you a job." he ordered me as we walked out of the room and into the glaze

"come on I'll introduce you to fry pan he's a cook." said next as we approached a kitchen

"oh hey newt! looks like you brought a greenie with ya. hey greenie my name is frypan and I make all the food around here, you don't like it don't eat it."

"oh okay I name Sophia by the way."

"good to know. alright well you go eat your breakfast now." he said I was newt and I saw her walking to the picnic tables. we sat next to a boy with dark brown hair and the younger boy with orange brown hair, looking way too young to be in a place like this.

"hey greenie I'm Thomas" said the brown haired teen.

"hi I'm Chuck!" said the young boy with an excited tone

"hello Chuck and Thomas I'm Sophia!" i replied

"yeah we know, everyone knows you're the only girl here." said chuck as he started stuffing his face

"oh yeah that's right."

"so Sophia are there any jobs you are interested in?" asked newt as he changed to topic. All I did was look at the cement walls with curious eyes.

"has anyone told you what lies behind those walls?" asked newt

"no not yet"

"it's the maze. every day the runners go out into the maze and try to find a way out. and that would be Minho he's the keeper of the runners which means he's basically the leader, he makes sure everyone runs their routes and is safe". newt explained.

"oh I see." I said as I thought to myself if thats what Minho was talking about when he said he had to go run.

"well I kind of want to be either a medjack or umm...a runner sounds kinda fun..."

"dang that's a bold move greenie." thomas inturrepted as he seemed shocked

"why?" i questioned

"The maze is a dangerous place the full of grievers and who knows what..." said Chuck extremely seriously.

"yeah Sophia I don't think that's the best fit, we can try you out at med-jack if you'd like." suggested newt

"sure I guess that works." I replied in disappointment

DINNER TIME

someone said it was time for dinner and I saw lots of guys run out of the maze except for Minho. I was starting to get worried did he get caught by a griever? did he pass out from dehydration? The possibilities were endless. right when I was about to ask newt where Minho was, I saw movement by the gate, and it was Minho. A huge weight lifted off my shoulder and I just continue to eat my dinner. as I was eating my dinner Minho came up to me.

"did you miss me greenie?" he said as i almost chocked on my dinner

"shut up! you almost made me choke on my food do you know how dangerous that is?!??" i scolded as he chuckled and walked off to get dinner. then suddenly I heard a huge bang sound and gears turning. I turn around and I see the gates closing and wondering what was happeneing.

"The gates close every night in open every morning but the thing is they change throughout the night." said minho as if he was reading my mind

"that's kind of creepy isn't it?" i asked concerned

"yeah but it works." he replied. after I finished my dinner I decided to head to my room to get some rest. I laid there as I heard some noise by the door I figured it was Minho so I didn't bother turning around. Then I felt hands on me thinking it was Minho playing around. Then suddenly it started to attack me, it started to suck on my neck and grab my waist as it climbed into bed. The strong arms holding me down wouldn't let me turn so I no idea what was going on. I tried to scream for help but then I felt a hand over my mouth not allowing a sound. He tried pulling down my pants but I wouldn't allow it as i held them up with all my strenghth. Then all of a sudden I heard someone yell.

"WHAT THE FUCK! GET OFF OF HER !" right then I realized the voice was Minho and the man touching me was ripped off of me. I turned around and I see Minho punching the crap out of that guy and beating him senseless. Then I see Newt and Thomas run inside my room and pry Minho off of the other guy.

"what the heck Minho what are you doing?!?!" scolded Newt

"he was touching Sophia!!"

"Sophia, is this true?" asked Newt

"y..yeess.."I could barely get the words out of my mouth.

"okay will take care of this tomorrow for now you're going to the slammer." Newt said to the man lying on the ground probably wishing he was dead.

"are you okay Sophia?" Minho asked concerningly as Thomas and Newt carry the guy out.

"y..yes I'm fine thanks to you." i replied still shaken up

"don't worry I won't let anything touch you." he promised

"thanks Minho."

"look if you want me to go sleep in another room for tonight, I completely understand you know sinc-"

"oh no Minho please stay here." i said cutting him off

"oh okay" he said climbing into bed with me. we stared each other for a good five minutes until he starts leaning in.