our days after

I thought we are okay. I thought maybe I was able to get through the walls. I thought maybe things might be different between us. I thought maybe you'll think otherwise. I thought every positive things but the third law of motion did not hear me calling this time around.

You were gone right after our Sagada trip. I tried to ask everyone. I even tried to contact you in every social media you had that even others don't know about. 

I panicked. I think I even got anxiety attacks(Good thing I did not after I consulted a professional). Every night I wonder what happened to you. I was thinking if you did it. I prayed that you did not every single time. I have to think about something or else, my thoughts will drift to you.

It was after 72 days, 21 hours and 52 minutes that God answered my prayer. You messaged me and told me you were in your province trying to run. I don't know what to tell you than 'Good thing you're still alive.' You laughed at me before you said that it was the reason you messaged me...to let me know that you were able to fight it this time around. I don't know if you can hear it in my voice but I was washed away with relief. My knees almost buckle hearing your voice. 

Thank you. You keep on saying that to me. I don't know how to reply. I wished I can just talk to you with a video. That way, I don't need to tell you something and you will not be forced to tell me something. At that time, I can just stare at your face so that my eyes can be reassured that you are still here...

Our conversation just ended in five minutes and 27 seconds mostly with our deep sighs. This time, I might be able to fall asleep well tonight knowing you are still there. I'll hold on to your answer when I asked you to not let go. 

'I will try...hard....'