Words are empty as it always been

Then after a long time, I saw you again. The relief I felt became short-lived. There was a specific reason when you stepped inside the company premises again. You smiled then show some sadness in your face that is different from the one I saw in your eyes. You just flashed me a smile when our eyes met in a split second as you are saying goodbye to everyone. You said it was family but I think you know that I don't buy your reason. Maybe that is why you asked me to meet you after office.

'I have  to,' were your words after I asked you why. Then silence filled the atmosphere between us. My mind was contemplating if I will tell you the things that are bothering me for a while.  Words I was not able to tell anyone, not even to my mom. It was when you asked me why I was staring that I realized that I my eyes and thoughts are all fixed towards you.

'I am afraid I won't be able to see you.' You looked at me before you smile. It's a different smile that I often see. This smile, though it never reached your eyes, bore sadness.  Normally, it would be emptiness that fills your eyes. This time, it was sadness.

'I'm sorry.' You just said and turn your head down. I told you to not be. I told you that it was all me and you shouldn't be bothered by it...to not take it as a burden.

'I have to do this to stay alive.' I stared at you as you were saying that. You said to still want to live that is why you are running away. You said that they are now too heavy and the best way to lighten it is to runaway. That's why you don't want to make any attachments because it will be too hard to leave.

We part ways without saying anything. As I saw you boarded that bus, my heart wants me to ride with you and take you to where you want to be. Still, I keep my stead. I let you do what you decide to do.