part 13

"Have you ever been in love?"

The question....

     A thin shiver ran through my spine as though I am spotted with a crime red-handed...

  I was little confused...whether I have to act like a stranger now or should I express myself as shravan...

  Gulping hard, I looked at her eyes...those eyes were glittering in expectation of my answer....or..did I imagine so...?

   Noticing the knots over my forehead,she squinted her eyes mischievously....

   Shravan...this is not you... embarrassed and hesitation is not your thing...go ahead like shravan... Shravan malhothra...

I thought to start. Before that, she cleared her throat deliberately to attain my attention...

     Unknown,I was staring into her eyes...so did she....

I was amazed that I was engrossed to her like heaven and stars...I knew it.... that's how... that's how I love her...to the square of infinity...

      I was totally lost and was ready to listen her as though elfstruck...

  "I know...that wasn't an easy topic to discuss with....yet,as strangers we could spill out the untold stories...may be, later we wouldn't be given a chance  even and had to stay like strangers until death...."

Is she talking about us...?

  A mild smile rumbled over her lips...

" I don't know about you...but I was in love....I was in love with him...."

    She spoke to me as though she was in dream...

  Her face shone when she uttered those words....

She was in love....?

Sudden bout of sweat flushed in me....

She continued....

" When I was in school....I met him..he was intelligent ,polite and the best student...always he had been at the good books of the teachers  "

" But....at student's view,he was a nerd...not good looking....book worm...boring.. irritating...etc...etc...."

A deep breath escaped from her...

"You know mr.shravan...opposite poles attract each other...it was true with me...he was one of my neighbors too....we became family friends....and we grew as friends..."

"Eventually.... We became close that it's hard to stay away from each other...we were unaware what our relationship meant was...we failed to know the real meaning of our beautiful bond...infact, we were not in that matured age..."

   Cheerfully she laughed....I was unable to join her happiness...I was in a hurry to listen her heart...all in one go...

   I sat close to her folding my legs...

"It's hard to believe how I used to be...I was stubborn and rude to him...may be I concealed my loneliness, pretending that I was bold..."

  Her voice went hoarse....

" But...he was so nice to me...he was a good friend to lean at anytime.and...you have a great soul to console you at your trials and tribulations was the best ever blessing...I didn't know it until I lose him..."

She was staring at the wall aslike bewildered....

"...he was with me every now and then...and, that's the reason why I didn't feel his importance in my life...."