5

They had arrived at the Austrians home since it was cold and both of them were completely drenched in rain. Vash had stopped crying but didn't bother to let go of the other and occasionally sniveled not daring to look up at the other. He was angry at himself for having treated Roderich like that the whole time and not being honest from the start. On the other side he had known they'd never get together mostly because he was neutral. He was carried to the living room where the Austrian laid him down on the couch pretty exhausted. After all he wasn't that sporty.

"Vash.....you're all drenched... How about you take a shower?" He asked sitting down next to the blonde and sighing. He felt bad since the last time he saw Vash crying like that was when he got occupied by France. He didn't know what to do or how to cheer him up and thus softly stroked his head.

"Don't touch me....." the shorter male mumbled sitting up and gently pushing the other's hand away before standing up and walking towards the bathroom. Roderich sighed and began massaging his temples in frustration. What was he doing? He was going to get married in a week! He couldn't go back to his old feelings he thought had died. And Vash probably even hated him now! Or so he thought while the blonde started to undress and then got into the shower.

A few minutes passed and it was completely quiet in the giant mansion. Only the rain drops hitting the window and the clock in the kitchen could be heard leaving the house in an abandoned atmosphere. A few more minutes passed and the aristocrat couldn't help but get worried thinking that the other could've slipped and maybe hurt himself he approached the bathroom. Soft cries and sobs could be heard as they resonated through the hallway and it sounded painful only to hear.

"Vash...? Are you...okay...?" Roderich asked while gulping and knocking on the door. The crying immediately stopped and it grew silent. "Vash....?"

"Go away! Fucking leave me alone already! Do you want to get my hopes up?! You're an idiot, Roderich! I loved you for the longest time and had planned to go back to you as soon as my chef was dead but you went and married that girl! I.....I don't want to get my hopes up again.... Please just let me take this shower and then I'll leave...."

The other had flinched at the yelling and had moved back a little from the door. "I didn't know.... I thought you really hated me.... Vash I'm sorry...." he mumbled in order to somehow defend himself. He heard the footsteps inside the bathroom and heard some rustling before the door was opened and the Swiss passed by him.
Vash had put on the same wet clothes again and just strictly walked to the door. "Sorry for bothering....." he mumbled when he noticed that the Austrian had followed him. He proceeded to put his shoes on and put his hand on the door. "Goodbye, Roderich...." he muttered once again quietly since he felt how his chest clenched together again and he desperately tried not to cry again.
Roderich didn't know what to do at all as he watched the Swiss leave his house. He had sworn himself that he wouldn't love that man again because he thought he hated him.... He was supposed to get married in a week too! But something inside of him just couldn't bear with watching the Swiss leave. He wanted to protect him. That's what he had promised the other when they were kids. That he'd grow up to a strong man to protect Vash. But now he was watching him leave in the rain and even hurt him.
"It wasn't supposed to be like this.....never...."