14

When Vash opened his eyes the next morning he looked around sleep drunken and sat up. His hair was completely wet and he could feel his clothes sticking onto his body. Because of the fever he had gone through he had been sweating a lot and now he sure did feel better. He still sneezed from time to time but it wasn't anything more serious than that anymore. The sun rays hit his face when he looked outside and sighed.

"......pathetic huh..." the Swiss mumbled before going downstairs and into the kitchen. He immediately noticed the work that Francis had done and eventually even smiled. In the reflection of the mirrored oven his red eyes still could be seen and the tired way of how they looked around. He probably should thank Francis some time but that could wait.

Since Vash wasn't hungry he just took the cooking pot and put it in the fridge. His smile soon disappeared when he stared at the clock at the wall. It was almost 1pm and Vash knew what would start in less than an hour. Just thinking about it made him feel sick and he felt like something heavy was resting on his chest. Like a rock or a stone hanging from his chest, making it difficult to breathe. The short male shook his head and filled a glass nearby with water only to drink from it and go back upstairs. He hated himself for what he was about to do but he couldn't resist.

After a long time of him just staring at his closet and trying to find something fancy that wasn't too old he decided to put on a black suit and a white shirt along with a dark green tie. He somehow tried to style his hair but simply gave up since he only planned to stay in the background anyways. No one was going to notice him. He still decided to put on a cologne before getting out of the house and noticing that his key was missing.

".....that bastard" he growled before heading to the bus stop. He was just going to hope that no one would dare to test his security system regarding the fact that his door was unlocked. But he couldn't change it. Once arrived there he waited for a good solid ten minutes before his bus arrived and he quickly got inside. It was a little fresh and the Swiss' lips and nose started to turn a little red but he was sure that it was going to be fine once he sat down in the bus. Unfortunately there was not enough space and all the seats were taken so he had to stand.

It had only been a few minutes before he peeked up as he felt something. The person behind him was standing really close to him and when the bus shook a little his chest would even brush against his own back. He tried to move a little but there was just no space, not even to turn around. Vash decided to ignore it and just wait until there were less people. It was when he heard breathing next to his ear that he shivered and didn't feel comfortable any longer. A hand was starting to feel up his chest and he felt his heartbeat stop.

"Stop it!" He whispered angrily before he struggled being disgusted and shocked that that was happening to him. "Vashy, calm down, it's me." A familiar voice said and Vash instantly relaxed. He was now just annoyed and sighed since he didn't feel like dealing with this. "Francis why the hell are you taking the bus. You're so annoying and a nuisance for everyone." The Swiss growled while frowning.

"Honhonhon mon cheri, after I visited you I forgot to get some fuel so my car didn't have enough diesel to drive." He laughed before pinching the others cheek. "I didn't mean to scare you, sorry if I did. Don't mind me asking.....but..." the Frenchman stopped and proceeded to hug him and rest his chin on the Swiss' shoulder. "Are you sure....you want to go there, Vash?" He asked sighing as he was concerned about the other. The shorter blonde remained in silence and stared at the floor so Francis knew he was right.

"Listen.... You're not obligated to be there. If it's too much you can just-" the Frenchman started but was cut off.

"I don't know myself why I'm going there but I'm not chickening out anymore." Vash hissed and Francis only sighed as he let go of him. The tall man softly stroked Vash's head only to have him tilt his head towards him. "We gotta get off the bus soon, mon cheri" Francis whispered now kind of feeling bad for him even though it was a happy occasion. He was his ex-lover after all but that didn't mean he hated the Swiss. No quite the contrary. If England wasn't going to stop to be such a jerk any time soon he could even be seeing himself trying to win the short man over.

But of course it wasn't the right time for those thoughts and when the bus stopped he stepped outside having Vash right behind himself. "Wanna go drinking after this? I'm treating." Francis offered but Vash shook his head even mumbling something like a "thank you" so Francis really knew something was very WRONG here. He brushed it off and as soon as they were close to the venue they parted ways.