13

Roderich was sitting nervously in his room thinking about how he wasn't mentally prepared to marry again. Especially since he knew it had been so close to work between him and his love. But he had to remind himself. It was too late. He had to marry Spain. It was good for the economy if he did so it was fine. As he brushed his teeth in the bathroom and spit in the sink he was reminded again of the tears of the Swiss. It left an aching thumping in his heart and he definitely didn't want to see it again.

"Get it together, Roderich...... It's not the first time...." he mumbled as he ran a hand through his hair. He went back to his bed where he tiredly dropped on it. His hair was still rather wet since it hadn't passed so much time after his shower but eventually he managed to fall asleep even if the Swiss' face appeared in his mind as soon as he closed his eyes.

The alarm clock shook the sleeping musician awake and as he rolled over in the bed and slammed it quiet he remembered. He had to hurry! Today was the day of the ceremony! He had been so cozy in his bed that he could've almost have continued to sleep. He needed to get perfectly prepared after all he was used to dress to impress. It was 11 am and pretty early for his standards but he had to get ready to meet up with China who would do his make up. When he checked his phone he could see countless missed calls coming from Antonio so he finally called back, holding the device to his ear. "Antonio? You called?" He asked while still styling his hair a little and pushing a strand of hair from one side to the other.

"Roderich! I thought you wouldn't pick up anymore, I'm so relieved! I wanted to tell you that I'd like to meet up with you before the ceremony..... Of course when you're still not dressed so how about....hm let me see.." there was a short pause in his fiancés sentence. "How about now? Yeah let's meet up now!"

The Austrian rolled his eyes before he finally found the right spot for that annoying strand of hair of his. "Alright..... Where? I think the café next to the train station would be alright, ja?" He replied as he rummaged through some of his things to search for his cologne. As expected the Spaniard agreed and Roderich continued to get ready before finally leaving the house. With quick steps he went to his car and got inside not bothering to use the security belt.

It took a good while until the Spaniard finally arrived in the café which did surprise Roderich since he was the one who had called him out here. The tiny, not really comfortable café was pretty much empty except for two or three customers seated in the back.

"Sorry.....I had to do something real quick before coming here" the Spanish man said smiling in an apologetic manner before sitting down at the table where Roderich quietly sat. "I got...something for you" The man said still panting a little before he laid a bag down on the table. The Austrian hadn't expected that at all so he looked up from his coffee and licked over his lip to remove the remaining cream. With a tiny sigh he took out a box from that bag which was decorated with tiny drawn mountains. When he opened the box the first he saw was red colored silk on which two necklaces laid with two tiny Edelweiss'. He was indeed delighted since it was his national flower.... "Why two of them?" The Austrian asked not comprehending what the meaning was behind this.

"Don't worry about that now... You'll see later" Antonio reassured before he continued "Anyway....this wasn't why I called you here... I have an important question to ask you, Roderich" he said smiling at him tenderly while putting his hand on top of the Austrians.

Roderich tilted his head wanting to know more and so the Spaniard continued "Are you....marrying me only for political reasons?" He asked looking deeply into his eyes and smiling. Exactly that was the question which Roderich didn't want to hear. What should he say? What if Antonio had feelings for him? If he said the truth he could hurt him.....

"Yes." Was the only answer Roderich could give after having almost slapped himself when the image of a certain Swiss had popped up in his head.