03 - Guess Who Showed Up For The Funeral

After being accused of their father's death by your brother, Abigail had practically hauled Vanya by the arm to the entrance room

After being accused of their father's death by your brother, Abigail had practically hauled Vanya by the arm to the entrance room. After Abigail sat Vanya down at the staircase, she plopped down beside her.

"So, how's my beloved sister been doing lately?" Abigail had her signature smile on her face.

Vanya appreciated the gesture and reciprocated it with a small and bashful smile of her own. "It's been fine. Nothing interesting happens to me anyway."

"Hmm... What about your violin performances? Are any coming up while I'm still in town?" Abigail's face lightened up at the idea of being able to go to one of Vanya's recitals since the last one she went to was two years ago.

Vanya paused for a minute to remember and said, "Um, yeah. There is one. It's on April 1st."

Abigail blinked. "Wait, April 1st? You mean April Fools? Are you serious? Is this a prank or something?" Abigail playfully hit Vanya's arm while both of them were giggling.

"I'm serious! It's on April 1st. Are you in town for it?"

"I'm supposed to be back on March 31st but I could call in sick or something," Abigail said. She could already see the lecture she'll get from Sara when she finds out she lied which she definitely will. Even though we're the same age, she's like our mom.

Sara Pinnix was the adopted daughter of Sir Pinnix. She was part of the 40 some people born on October 1st, 1989. Her power is telekinesis which was much stronger than Abigail's elemental manipulation since it had fewer limits to what she could control. She was also one of the foundation's superpower trainers.

♪"Children behave. That's what they say when we're together."♪

Vanya and Abigail's heads perked up at the song I Think We're Alone Now by Tiffany playing faintly. Abigail scoffed and sighed before chuckling a bit.

♪"And watch how you play. They don't understand and so we're running as fast as we can."

Abigail got up and walked down while Vanya was still on the stairs. After getting to the bottom, Abigail turned around and held out a hand for Vanya. "Care for a dance?" She asked.

"Holdin' on to one another's hand."

Vanya giggled at the timing and took her hand. Abigail pulled her up from the stairs.

"Tryin' to get away into the night, and then you put your arms around me and we tumble to the ground and then you say-"

Abigail began spinning Vanya around as both of them let out a chuckle before joining in and twirling into her arm.

"I think we're alone now. There doesn't seem to be anyone around."