Chapter Two

“Skylin, please talk to me. Did I do something wrong?” Skimmer whispers shuffling her feet nervously.

I can’t look at her. The guilt already getting to me, and I start crying. Suddenly, I feel Skimmer sit next to me on the bed. She starts hugging me, trying to calm me down. I shake my head, pushing away.

“Skim, I’m so sorry. I can’t do this; I can’t cheat. It’s happened to me. I want to so bad, but I just can’t. I don’t want to lose our friendship. Skimmer Marie Richards, please don’t hate me!” through tears I ramble, starting to panic again.

“Skylin Rayne Brookside, how could you think that I would ever hate you? We have known eachother our whole life. Yes I want to be with you, but I won’t make you do something you don’t want to do. I am not going to lose you from my life just because I can’t be with you!” Skimmer reassures, setting her hand on my shoulder.

I look over at Skimmer and could tell she was hurt, but also very sincere. Nodding my head in agreement, I give her a hug. I could feel myself calming down and am thankful that she understood. Slowly, I stop hugging Skimmer and stand up. When I turn around to look at her, I instantly start laughing. Skimmer looks very confused, and I put my hands up still laughing. I point at her, motioning that she doesn’t have a shirt on. Rolling her eyes she too starts to laugh and gets up putting her coat back on.

“I understand Sky, but, don’t think that I won’t still try. That or just turn you on to the nines, when I know you can’t do anything with your woman,” Skimmer chuckles, walking over and kissing my cheek softly, “I’ll be seeing you later!” she adds while walking out of my room. I sit there staring at the door confused.

                                                           Where we doing something later?

Faintly, I hear the front door open and close as Skimmer lets herself out. Quickly I go to the window, watching her go across the road and get in her car. When she is out of view I go and lay down on the bed. So many emotions are going through me, I can not relax how I want to. My heart is hurting and I can not figure out if it was guilt or if it was forbidden passion.

                                                                                     Or both.

Gradually, I drift to sleep, not wanting to, but unable to stop it from happening.

As the sleep starts to take over, the darkness slowly turns into what looks like a forest at night. There’s so many trees, that I can not see anything apart from them. The light from the moon ever so slightly seeps through the canopy, shining on a moss covered ground. Looking down I notice there’s a faint path worn into the ground. Slowly, and very cautiously, I follow the uneven path towards a slight opening, with a cliff that reminds me of Pride Rock. My eyes wonder over this natural opening, and as my eyes come back to the mysterious cliff, I notice a group of fifteen people standing at the base. Instinctively, looking up at the top, I notice the figure of a man materialize out of nowhere.

This man is moving his arms as if he is giving a speech over his subjects, however I can not hear him. Signifying that his speech is over, I notice his head tilt slightly up, as his arms drop down to his side. He starts looking over the clearing, his gazes locks right onto me. It was as if he could actually see me—his eyes were as red as blood. I freeze in fear, not able to look away. I want to scream and run but something has me locked in place. Panic flooding my system I don’t notice how fast he appears in front of me. His face only inches away from mine, the evil red eyes burning a sight to my soul.

“Skylin, you’re my daughter!” The deep, husky voiced man states with confidence and certainty. An infliction of anger strikes my entire soul, leaving my body numb and aflamed.